Colorado Loads for CVA ACCURA

Riles1050

Lil-Rokslider
I'm from Utah and have only ran Sabots since purchasing a CVA ACCURA muzzle loader. Using BH209. What bullet have you found to be the most successful for you? This is for deer. Mostly thinking powerbelts, either the 245 gr .50 copper aerotip or the .50 250 gr aerlite. Open for recommendations.

joelbiltz

WKR
I’ll be hunting Colorado mule deer in 5 weeks with a T/C Omega Powerbelt Areolight 250 100 gr of BH 209 and a Federal 209A primer. This combo has Ben proven very accurate out to 126 yards.

cooperjd

WKR
check out thor's or bor-locks from federal. anything but powerbelts. they are super soft and have been known to shed so much weight penetration can be very very poor. i have failed to get broadside exit wounds on small TN whitetails with pb's. they are good for paper only imho.

TexasCub

WKR
110 gr by volume of BH209 and a 250 gr Thor shoots very well out of my CVA and with its construction is what I’d use on deer and will be using for elk. See no need to bump up to 300 grainers since retention is near 100%. It’s like the Barnes TTSX or TSX thought process in rifles, push it fast since it doesn’t come apart.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
110 gr by volume of BH209 and a 250 gr Thor shoots very well out of my CVA and with its construction is what I’d use on deer and will be using for elk. See no need to bump up to 300 grainers since retention is near 100%. It’s like the Barnes TTSX or TSX thought process in rifles, push it fast since it doesn’t come apart.

When I bought mine I asked the owner his opinion, he said since I was in CO hunting open sights just to get the 300s, if able to use optics and shoot longer (or you're really good with open sights) the extra speed on the 250s would be meaningful further out. So I went 300s as I didn't have much opinion either way in this instance. Just sharing his feedback, I still don't have much opinion, either would work great I'm sure.