Knight Ultralite EMERGENCY

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Took my new Ultralite out to the range today for a load workup for 2 upcoming hunts starting in 2 weeks with NM Antelope and on to Colorado for deer. Shooting 70 gr BH209 and a PR 300 gr sabot. The 1st 6 rounds out of the gun shot great, but were definitely pretty hard to get the bolt open. On the 7th, the bolt was locked closed. Used the bench to try and get it open and the most the bolt would lift was about 1/2". Few more tries and the bolt handle snapped off. Any experience on what Knight will possibly do to remedy this in a very short period of time? I will be calling them the second they open tomorrow, but wanted to see what others experiences were. Extra shitty part id the rifle has powder and a bullet loaded, since the primer is the very last thing I do in my process. Thanks

robie

WKR
Wow. Very sorry. This doesn't help now but if the bolt is too tight just screw in the plug a little more and your problem should be solved.

I had to adjust mine a little the first time out. Knight has been very helpful every time I've had them in the phone.

Let us know what they say when you talk to them.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. Very sorry. This doesn't help now but if the bolt is too tight just screw in the plug a little more and your problem should be solved.

I had to adjust mine a little the first time out. Knight has been very helpful every time I've had them in the phone.

Let us know what they say when you talk to them.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Ya I unfortunately though about that after the fact as well. I have no idea how anyone is going to get this bolt out. lol. Worst timing everrrrr.

Knight was helpful when I ordered a new bolt. Hopefully they can tell you what happened.

On a side note you are aware sabots are illegal in CO right?

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Im guessing it progressively backed out a shade each shot til it locked up. I just assumed the fouling was making it harder to lift the bolt.

OP
CareyJAF50

CareyJAF50

Lil-Rokslider
Knight was helpful when I ordered a new bolt. Hopefully they can tell you what happened.

On a side note you are aware sabots are illegal in CO right?

I am aware I'm shooting Thors for CO but loading these PRs and scope for NM.

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Took my new Ultralite out to the range today for a load workup for 2 upcoming hunts starting in 2 weeks with NM Antelope and on to Colorado for deer. Shooting 70 gr BH209 and a PR 300 gr sabot. The 1st 6 rounds out of the gun shot great, but were definitely pretty hard to get the bolt open. On the 7th, the bolt was locked closed. Used the bench to try and get it open and the most the bolt would lift was about 1/2". Few more tries and the bolt handle snapped off. Any experience on what Knight will possibly do to remedy this in a very short period of time? I will be calling them the second they open tomorrow, but wanted to see what others experiences were. Extra shitty part id the rifle has powder and a bullet loaded, since the primer is the very last thing I do in my process. Thanks
Have you gotten ahold of Knight yet and what did they say? Was this the first time you had ever shot the rifle?