Knight Long Range Hunter - Different Stock???

xcutter

WKR
Has anyone put a different stock on the 50 cal Knight Long Range Hunter? I love this gun and the way it shoots. Just hate how heavy it is. Weighs a ton. Does any company make a different stock for these? I'd really like to have one of the ultra light stocks on it. I have no idea if it would fit though. It currently has the laminated green stock on it. Below is a link to the exact rifle I have.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/59...st-27-fluted-barrel-stainless-steel-left-hand

Thanks in advance for your help.

Has anyone put a different stock on the 50 cal Knight Long Range Hunter? I love this gun and the way it shoots. Just hate how heavy it is. Weighs a ton. Does any company make a different stock for these? I'd really like to have one of the ultra light stocks on it. I have no idea if it would fit though. It currently has the laminated green stock on it. Below is a link to the exact rifle I have.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/59...st-27-fluted-barrel-stainless-steel-left-hand

The LRH is not that much different than a DISC Elite of the time. I would drop right in a regular Knight stock designed for the Elite or any of the newer Knight bolt rifles...

The difference will be the device on the rear of the receiver for the second action screw would have to be removed as the stocks would not be inletted for the second (rear) action screw.

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider

Knight Long Range Hunter Black Powder Rifle 50 Cal - MPN: LRH707F-L

Did you ever find a different stock for your Long Range Hunter? I found one that's NIB that I'm considering buying but would like a lighter stock. So far I've come up empty, so wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

I should have added - if your LRH has a the second barreled action tie down and screw on it (the one up through the trigger guard) - it will not work with a substitute stock. The stock will not be inletted for it. But it really will not make that much difference. Some adaptions might be needed but nothing difficult.

Last edited:
OP
X

xcutter

WKR
Did you ever find a different stock for your Long Range Hunter? I found one that's NIB that I'm considering buying but would like a lighter stock. So far I've come up empty, so wondering if anyone else has had any luck.

No sir. I never had any luck finding one. I talked to Knight about it and they weren't much help either. Probably have to take a more custom approach.