Knight DISC Extreme vs. Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader

Bowrider3

FNG
Debating on whether to get a Knight DISC Extreme or Remington 700 ultimate muzzleloader for deer and elk hunting in Colorado. If you can provide any feedback you might have on how these muzzleloaders compare in terms of accuracy, range, trigger, cleaning, etc., that would be much appreciated. If you had to buy one, which would you choose? Thanks!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't recall the Remington 700 muzzy coming in a western version (which would be needed for Colorado muzzy seasons). If not I would say it'd be a no-brainer to get a Knight, and given the price of the Remington I would look into the Knight ultra-lite over the disc extreme. I have owned both, while both are nice rifles I am
very happy with my decision to sell the disc extreme to buy the u-lite. Accuracy to he best of my knowledge is about the same, I've not gotten super technical with either one.

CoHiCntry

WKR
There are no restrictions in Colorado requiring a "western version". No scopes, sabots or pelletized powder are all the restrictions I can think of right now. I agree with Juan_ID about looking at the U-Lite instead of the Disc Extreme. Don't know much about the Remington but the Knight U-Lite is a great gun I would highly recommend.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
There are no restrictions in Colorado requiring a "western version". No scopes, sabots or pelletized powder are all the restrictions I can think of right now. I agree with Juan_ID about looking at the U-Lite instead of the Disc Extreme. Don't know much about the Remington but the Knight U-Lite is a great gun I would highly recommend.

sorry about that, I was under the impression that it fell under the same rules as some of the other western states that required an "exposed nipple"

I have a disc extreme I bought for $180 when Knight went out of business for a bit. It is a good shooting/handling gun the only thing I don't like is how the breech plug is removed, not that convenient if you were in the backcountry.