Lee Shaver Fine Crosshairs

I was wandering if anyone would be able to help out. I have a Lyman 17 globe and got the Lee Shaver card but unfortunately lost the one I want to use -the fine crosshair. Would anyone that has an extra be willing to trade, or even send me one? I have all of the others on the card as well as the Lyman factory ones. I would hate to spend $20 for for a new one.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I do not have the insert you are looking for but out of curiosity, what muzzy did you put the Lyman globe on?

bbell

WKR
I also don't have the insert you need but am wondering how you like that setup? I assume the rear sight is a peep.

OP
lightner07
I like the set up, just haven't had much time with it. I'm using the Williams FP, replaced the elevation screw with a target knob from Brownells. I recently re-mounted my scope so that I can find the best combo of BH 209 and Thor 250 or 300s.

I do recommend the globe sight with inserts over keeping the original front post. It covers a lot less of the animal/target at 100+ yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
What kind of problems did you run into while installing the globe on your rifle if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to install a Lyman globe on my Knight U-Lite.

OP
lightner07
The front post screw on the TC Omega is an 8x40 thread, the marble ramp comes with 6x48 only. Just had to drill a hole, set a taper and cut down a screw to get it to work. Probably could have had someone drill and tap for the 6x48-but I didn't.

I'm pretty sure the Knights are 6x48. To do it right, you will probably need some shims, probably from a hardware store, and a front sight press to mount the globe into the ramp properly.

Feel free to PM me if you need more specifics on the set-up or install.

I have a similar set up on my Mountaineer; FP and knobs along with a Shaver globe and inserts. I like the fine cross hair for target/range conditions but found they are a little too fine in low light or timber. I found the medium-heavy post to my liking for hunting. I think you are going to like your set up when you get it dialed in. (sorry I cant help with your original request) The folks that I have spoken to at Shaver Sights have always been very pleasant; have you tried calling them and asking for a single sight insert? Good luck to you...

bbell

WKR
If sighted in with one insert do you think it would change POI by switching to another. Like fine cross hairs for target work and then putting in the post for hunting season.