Back to the Farm with the FT Knight Super DISC

There are times I really feel lucky living in Moscow, Idaho and then there are times that the best laid plans go all to heck!!!

Today was the day I was planning a return trip to the farm to some more shooting with the new to me Knight Super DISC. I had planned to go in the afternoon as I wanted to wait until Terry and her friends got there project done at City Hall (packing up an exhibit for shipment)

All morning it had been a perfect day very few clouds, bright and sunny and the temperature had reached 34*. She got home at about 2 pm and I put the gear in the truck and headed to the farm which is about 5 miles out of town. As I turned off the highway onto the farm road - I did not notice a fog bank rolling out to the west - but it was still sunny and bright. Even as I backed into the shooting spot it was still sunny. By the time I got out of the truck and setup for the there was hint of the impeding fog. I walked clay pigeons out to 75 yards and 100 yards. By the time I returned to the truck the bank was here. I could still see the 75 yard birds without much trouble so I began the loading process. First shot from the rifle at the right hand bird was routine. Through the scope no problem seeing the bird. So first shot went great even though it was the first shot from a clean and oiled bore. I usually don't shoot the first shot at a target just use it as a fowler but time I felt was running short. Second shot with the Lehigh 40x230's went as planned also really could not see the bird to well with my eyes - but through the scope it was visible.

By the time I got the 3rd shot loaded up and back on the shooting bench - I could not see the 100 yard birds at all - even through the scope. I could feel the wind picking up and the temperature dropping so I waited a few minutes hoping the wind would clear the visibility to the birds. As I looking and then searching through the scope one of the 3 birds became visible - so I took the shot. I thought I heard the click of the hit but when I looked through the scope I could make out the bird still standing in the snow... I thought about waiting a little longer and get a few more shots but decided to walk out and pick up the 100 yard birds - which I still couldn't see. I walked to the 75 yard birds and took a couple of pictures from there I could see all three of the 100 yd. birds one of them looked a little different than the other two. As I walked to the birds I could see the difference and I got really got the big smile on my face - even though it was cold.

What I really want to find out was two-fold: 1. would the rifle carry yesterdays accuracy over to today and 2. Did I still have a gas leak out of the crown. The answers YES accuracy and NO - no crown leak!

Here are few pictures of today short trip - more work to do later in the week..

Shoot_Composite_1.jpg

Composite___2.jpg

elkguide

WKR
Good thing that the fog rolled in..........

you wouldn't want to have too much fun in one day!!!!!!