Shooting the Super DISC @ the Farm

It was melting and raining all day today but I had time I really wanted to shoot the Super DISC again. As promised I also did shoot paper also and it really turned out to be informative!

First just a couple of pictures of the shooting event today... Of course the farm field has thawed on the surface and they are MUDDY! But got there and got set up in the shooting shed.

I really believe the Dyno-Tek Bore Coat did exactly what I hoped it would do. The bore did not catch nearly the same amount residue as it has in the past. Since I am shooting T7 with a 209 shot gun primers I was also hoping the 'crud ring' that I was encountering on the previous trips would be reduced. It certainly was a reduction very small amount of ring and easily taken care with a damp Windex patch. The ring would not have been a problem for a quick reload.

17_02_09_Shoot_Compo.jpg

Now the educational part of the trip... I really do not like shooting paper! But, today I proved to myself the bird and shoot estimation isn't a good way to get properly sighted in.

If you look at this target, you will quickly see what I mean. In my previous trips the only paper I shot was a 25 yard target to get me in the relative area that I wanted to be. Then I setup clay pigeons @ 100 and worked my way in on them. As this rifle was sighted in I could shoot 100 yard birds all day without a problem...

Now the bad part I really felt I had the rifle sighted in to right at 3" high @ 100.... If you look at the target you can see how wrong I was.

17_02_09_Target.jpg

After shooting this target I have moved the elevation up 12 clicks! I am now scheduling another outing with the rifle!