Completely Off-Topic

But I really want to share this old man...

During the tail end of the ML elk season and while forcing my way through the snow we encountered this old man - could not resist getting some pictures and now the urge to share,,

IMGA0043.jpg

IMGA0042.jpg

IMGA0041.jpg

It appears that he had been in the woods longer than I but. was just as frustrated with the lack of elk as I was. I did not talk to him so I really do not know his thoughts - his looks just said it all...

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like someone was playing with chainsaw after falling tree ,,On my bad day elk hunting that would be something I wont see ,,

OP
sabotloader
Looks like someone was playing with chainsaw after falling tree ,,On my bad day elk hunting that would be something I wont see ,,

No... it is just a bit of history.... They did not have chain saws in those days...

But I look at that stump and see a forlorn sad mans face...

The holes in the stump are/were cut by loggers of the time. They were a place for the logger to insert a "spring board" so that he could get high enough up the tree to cut the butt swell out of the first log. Mills of the time really couldn't handle the swell that well.

crosscut_saw_logging_2.jpg

crosscut_saw_logging.jpg

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
My Dad talked about this ,,It is pretty cool. I have a old 2 man saw that was Dads gonna bolt it to the side of my shop.....