Knight Ultralite Bullet/Powder Suggestions

burlap

FNG
Hey guys,

I'm going out for Elk and Mule Deer in Colorado this year with my first muzzle loader! I'm very excited. Now to temper that excitement with some research and range work!

I did a search and found some stuff from 2014, but was wondering if people have settled on a favorite match up of powder and bullet for the Knight Ultralite?

Thanks for the info.

dotman

WKR
Thor bullets and No excuses have worked great for me with BH209 powder. The Hornady FPB didn't group well. My buddy has had great grouping with the Federal BOR Lok.

FURMAN

WKR
I have not settled on a powder charge but I will be using Thor bullets with BH209 in mine. I tried a few different bullets and all shot ok.

OP
burlap

burlap

FNG
Thor bullets and No excuses have worked great for me with BH209 powder. The Hornady FPB didn't group well. My buddy has had great grouping with the Federal BOR Lok.

Thanks so much for the replies, guys. I really mean it. What size charge did you start with, and where did you end up?

What size thor bullet are you guys using (planning) on using??

JO.

Lil-Rokslider
I use Powerbelts and BH209 in my disc extreme. started at 80 and got great groups at 100 so I stayed with that.

dotman

WKR
Thanks so much for the replies, guys. I really mean it. What size charge did you start with, and where did you end up?

What size thor bullet are you guys using (planning) on using??

For the Thor I started at 90 but settled on 110, for the no excuses I started at 80 and settled on 95.

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I hate to say this but, You couldn't get me to use Thor 247 gr bullet for elk ever again, The guy that makes them is a great guy and I don't like flaming anyone ,,What ever bullet you use,, it needs to be 325 gr or heavier,, here in Oregon we have to use all lead or brass . No sabot ..I was wanting to use a conical base bullet ,,Now shooting 460 gr Bull Shop with card ,80gr T7 until I find something better,,

Last edited: