Best Peep site for a CVA V2

J20Hunter

FNG
Going on a Nevada Mule deer hunt this fall .I need to put a peep on.Looking for your opinions on peeps Thanks

Rangerz

FNG
I put a Williams peep on my Omega and am very happy with it. Might want to think about a front globe sight as well. There is a how to article on Gohunt.

OP
J

J20Hunter

FNG
I had to buy a Williams Legend model ,I will have to make it fit and was thinking globe site with cross hairs.The y dont make a target model for the V2 anymore.

Thanks Dennis

nv_hunter

FNG
I had to buy a Williams Legend model ,I will have to make it fit and was thinking globe site with cross hairs.The y dont make a target model for the V2 anymore.

Thanks Dennis
How did things go on your hunt? I'm looking at getting into CVA Optima V2 this year.

OP
J

J20Hunter

FNG
Ended up sneeking up on 2 bedded Mule deer .I actually got to 5 feet.Had to stand up behind rock to get deer to stand up.Not a monster but One Hell Of a Stalk. So did not need sights

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Williams peep on my cva lr v2 and it too works great. I wanted a globe on the front but gun smith wouldn’t put it on as he said he couldn’t tap it? So I have a bead but curious if you have the globe? Did you diy?

I have a Williams rear peep on my CVA Optima V2 and the factory front fiber optic bead. I really like the sight picture it offers. On the 2 elk hunts I've taken it on, that combination was good right up to legal shooting time, and I had confidence in it out to 200 if I needed it.

I have a globe for my ML but am hesitant to put it on. The view through it is much darker than just using my standard fiber optic front sight. I worry it don’t be usable at first and last light.

elkduds

WKR
I see better through a fiber optic ghost ring rear sight than an actual peep. Williams makes ghost ring sights to fit most manufacturers' barrel contour.