My New Knight Ultra-Lite

jm1607

WKR
I finally grabbed a UL too. I've been threatening to do it for over a year but I ended up dropping a ton of cash on a custom rifle instead. The MidwayUSA sale combined with them finally having the color and options I want in stock made me pull the trigger.. Should be here tomorrow ;)

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I finally grabbed a UL too. I've been threatening to do it for over a year but I ended up dropping a ton of cash on a custom rifle instead. The MidwayUSA sale combined with them finally having the color and options I want in stock made me pull the trigger.. Should be here tomorrow ;)
You won't regret it. Its a hell of a weapon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

danarnold

WKR
c8a5560583fc26444b8a7e57dda3e03d.jpg

Woohoo!
I'm having a hard time finding BH powder locally, any suggestions for online purchase?
Thanks

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Congrats on the new gun!

I haven't found any places that carry it consistently. Cabelas will charge you a hazardous material fee to ship it ($20).

I had some shipped to my local Bass Pro and picked it up.

If you go to blackhorn209.com you will see a link to retailers by state. Looks like for missouri you are restricted to Bass Pro, Cabelas and Graf & Sons.

Online Retailers listed are: Powder Valley, Graf & Sons, Cabelas, MidSouth Shooters, Midway USA, Matchez Shooters & Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply.

Retailers << Blackhorn 209

dotman

WKR
c8a5560583fc26444b8a7e57dda3e03d.jpg

Woohoo!
I'm having a hard time finding BH powder locally, any suggestions for online purchase?
Thanks

Both Bass Pro and Scheels carry it but not sure where you can find it if not a local box store. Congrats, you'll like it!

danarnold

WKR
Congrats on the new gun!

I haven't found any places that carry it consistently. Cabelas will charge you a hazardous material fee to ship it ($20).

I had some shipped to my local Bass Pro and picked it up.

If you go to blackhorn209.com you will see a link to retailers by state. Looks like for missouri you are restricted to Bass Pro, Cabelas and Graf & Sons.

Online Retailers listed are: Powder Valley, Graf & Sons, Cabelas, MidSouth Shooters, Midway USA, Matchez Shooters & Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply.

Retailers << Blackhorn 209

Went to Cabela's specifically for that, hour drive, They said they never heard of it. Worth the 20 hazard fee to not go back
Thanks

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Went to Cabela's specifically for that, hour drive, They said they never heard of it. Worth the 20 hazard fee to not go back
Thanks

Ouch. I've had to call around to find it. My bass pro has it from time to time but I always order one and have it shipped to the store for free before I make the trek.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Ouch. I've had to call around to find it. My bass pro has it from time to time but I always order one and have it shipped to the store for free before I make the trek.

Good to know Bass Pro Shops will do that. Recently ordered some Triple 7 from Sportsmans online and they charged the $20 Haz Mat. Canceled the order and just waited until they for shipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I still am not positive which parts I need for the front sight?
I just got my thor starter pack, .502 for me
thanks

This is what I purchased:

Marble Arms Front Ramp (Mfr Part: 072310) - $12
Lyman Front Sight (Mfr Part: 3171076)- $40
Lee Shaver Sight Inserts (Mfr Part: LS001)- $22

JTS

FNG
I am a new member to this siite, but I thought I would post up my findings with my new Ultra Light topped with a Leupold VX5HD 2-10

I tested quite a few different power loads in it shooting Hornady XTP 44cal 300gr bullets and found that 115 grains by volume of bh209 would consistently shoot at 1990 fps with my chronograph. I got it to shoot 1" 3 shot groups at 100 consistently. I took it to my long range and was able to hit a 12" steel plate at 300 yards without any issue dialing in 12 MOA drop.

Hopefully someone will find this information useful.

Jay

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I am a new member to this siite, but I thought I would post up my findings with my new Ultra Light topped with a Leupold VX5HD 2-10

I tested quite a few different power loads in it shooting Hornady XTP 44cal 300gr bullets and found that 115 grains by volume of bh209 would consistently shoot at 1990 fps with my chronograph. I got it to shoot 1" 3 shot groups at 100 consistently. I took it to my long range and was able to hit a 12" steel plate at 300 yards without any issue dialing in 12 MOA drop.

Jay
Thank you for posting this. I've been wanting to stretch it out to 300. I will use your data and see if that gets me on target.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

OP
robie

robie

WKR

Jay

I used shooter and come it is telling me 12.8 MOA drop with your velocity. Were you able to get a decent group with this?

Every time I go to the range the wind is blowing 20+ and I don't feel like wasting powder to test out 300. With how well mine grouped at 200 I'm looking forward to see what I can do at 300.

ENCORE

WKR
I used shooter and come it is telling me 12.8 MOA drop with your velocity. Were you able to get a decent group with this?

Every time I go to the range the wind is blowing 20+ and I don't feel like wasting powder to test out 300. With how well mine grouped at 200 I'm looking forward to see what I can do at 300.

With a wind meter, you can use this software and determine the drift and hold you'll need: JBM - Calculations - Trajectory

Another you can download FREE to your phone is at the Google store and is very handy. Strelok

JTS

FNG
I didn't check grouping. I just have a 12" plate at my range set at 300yrds. I hit it 4-5 times in a row so that was good enough for me. I estimated a 10 mph cross wind that day and I held about 6" off center to help fight the wind.