Thor bullets in a green mt barrel

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Starting this thread for my brother. He's having trouble with consistent groups. Turned him on to Thor bullets I use. He's in ID so the gun has to have #11 caps and no sabots. It's a T/C Hawkins with green mt 1-28" twist. What gr./type of thors do you guys use. What type and gr. of powder. He's calling in tomorrow to get the sample pack to gauge bore diameter. BTW mine is CO legal so my setup wont help.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Kind of surprised no one has responded. Thought green mt barrels were more popular

Kind of surprised no one has responded. Thought green mt barrels were more popular

I really do not think the Green Mountain has much to do with the lack of responses - it may lean more to the use of Thors... Which by the way Thor's would not be legal in Idaho during ML season. Idaho requires a full bore lead conical.

I basically have the same rifle it is a Renegade with a 1/28 GM barrel and for my part the rifle shoots great with conicals or sabots. When I was using it during our ML season I was shooting .503x460 grain lead Bull Shop bullet with a shot card under the bullet to prevent melting the bottom of the bullet. I shot it with 70-80 grains of T7-3f with a RWS 1075+ caps - not a real fan of musket caps. I would also tell you I got the best accuracy with 90 grains but that really is pushing the bullet up the barrel to fast increasing your chances of getting a build up lead fouling in the bore.