Any excitement for the new SilencerCo Maxim 50?

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
I've known this was in the works for a while now, but saw where SilencerCo recently announced their integrally suppressed Maxim 50 muzzleloader. Essentially is a Traditions Vortek Strikerfire 50 cal muzzleloader that they have a silencer on and since it's permanently attached, you can buy it like any other firearm. No NFA fees or wait time. For now they don't have a 'northwest' edition so I have no option to try one but it seems like it might be fun one to shoot.

Maxim 50

I just can not imagine carrying this around hunting...

Look at the height of the sight set up! If you put a scope can you imagine?

Supressor.jpg

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
If I had a truck load of money I would buy one in a heartbeat, however, I don't think that it is practical for hunting.

A forum member on another forum who own and is shooting the rifle posted this pic - so I guess you can get a scope to work. Although in his picture the suppressor does not look at big as in the original pic. But it all could in the eyes of the beholder

d6boYT5.jpg

AlaskaEd

WKR
I like it. Not only does it reduce the noise, it reduces the smoke significantly as well. If I was in the market for a muzzleloader (maybe in the future) I'd give it a serious look. I'm a fan of supressors on rifles, why not muzzleloaders?