Few ML questions

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
First of all, thanks to all that recommended me to get the Be Still breach plug. He set it up for .299 primers and the W209 came out as clean as they did going in with no black residue on the primer at all and the bolt came back as smooth as butter. I had to stop at shot 20 due to weather but it did not lock up on shot #7 like the factory plug did.

Now, I have MMP12, MMP24, MMP reg black, and the Harvester crush rib black. I did all shots with the MMP24 using the 265 Lehigh CF. The MMP24 were a bit tough to get started (using a spinjag loader with the spinjag bullet starter), but once 1" down the barrel they slide down very easy. Is that what you want? I know some recommenced the 3 petal MMP or crushed rib for tight bores, but is this considered a tight bore or just how loading a sabot with bullet works?

I shot at 100 yards off a rest and did 70gr wt, 75gr wt, and 77gr wt. 3 shot groups.
Both the 70 & 75 weights were exactly 1moa, and the 77 was 1.5 moa.
The first 70gr wt. had 2 bullets close to the same hole. I think I will do my next testing with 67/70/73 and see what it likes best.

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered another pack of the MMP24 and a pack of the 3 petals. I am just gonna use the MMP24 to hunt with next weekend and might try different ones at a later time.

I just ordered another pack of the MMP24 and a pack of the 3 petals. I am just gonna use the MMP24 to hunt with next weekend and might try different ones at a later time.

The 24's are an awful good sabot! If they fit you really can not go real wrong...

Which rifle which bullet are you using - or did I miss that in the first post...

OP
B

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
I am using the Lehigh 265gr. bullet with the ultralite. I just don't know if it slides down the barrel pretty easy but is hard to get it started going down and flush with the barrel normal?
I don't know if it would be too loose if I went with a smaller diameter.

muddydogs

WKR
Personally I like to be able to start the bullet/sabot with my thump getting it at least 1/2 way into the barrel. I shoot the crushed rib out of my tight bore rifle, couldn't get the MMP24 to even start when I tested them. I also found that 110 gr by volume 77 gr by weight shot the best. I'm not happy unless I have 3 holes touching and my load will shoot 1/2 inch or better at 100 yards.

I think when choosing a sabot you need to be able to get a reload slammed down the barrel with minimal hassle and no need for a short starter.

The 24's are an awful good sabot! If they fit you really can not go real wrong...

Which rifle which bullet are you using - or did I miss that in the first post...

You could switch to the Harvester Crush Rib or the MMP HPH-3PEZ - both of these should load easier... But then again I wonder if you get a few more shots through your bore it might ease up a bit. You really want a snug fit not to tight and certainly not easy.

Try rolling the 24 on your tongue just to pick up a little bit of saliva to act as a lubricant.