Uktralight and Mountaineer cross compatability

dirtdarte

FNG
With news of the smokin deal that Knight is offering vets, I would like to take advantage of it. My question is regarding exchanging parts between the Ultralight and the Mountaineer. I have a Mountaineer and will be receiving a Ultralight next week. Both of these rifles are set up with western ignition (#11 caps) because I hunt in Idaho.... But I live in Utah which allows for modern ignition systems. I'd like to use Blackhorn in Utah. What I'd like to do is use what I have and be able to set up for bare 209 in both rifles. I don't know if all I need are breech plugs or the whole bolt and breech plug "kit" or whether the "kit" will work for both models of rifle. Thanks for your help.

OP
D

dirtdarte

FNG
Sabotloader answered this question in another thread... But for those of you that have the same question, I thought I'd answer it here myself.

Yes... they are cross compatible in every way that I can determine.... except the front sight heights for aftermarket sighing systems will be different, This is due to the tapered barrel on the Ultralight... and the Ultralight bolt handle is drilled out to make it marginally lighter. As far as fit and function, they are identical.

Bolts, plugs and even the stock's can be interchanged at will. For instance, if you have an Ultralight and want to try a Mountaineer .45 barrel, You can purchase the barrel and mount the trigger and the stock from the Ultralight and then mount the barrel onto the stock and your good to go.

I call it the UltraMountaineer. lol. Or vice versa... a Ultralight barrel on a Mountaineer stock... it works!

dotman

WKR
I thought the mountaineer had a larger diameter barrel, the barrel channel on the ultralight isn’t an issue?

OP
D

dirtdarte

FNG
The Mountaineer barrel "just" clears the barrel channel... at least on my stock... A dollar bill will slide down the gap. So, yup.. it'll fit.