Full Plastic or Bare for Ultralight

Nalgene

Lil-Rokslider
I am starting from 0 here and buying everything I need with the veteran day sale from knights. I am getting the western for states I need it but what conversion Full Plastic jacket or bare primer for when I dont? I do not know the diference.

I am starting from 0 here and buying everything I need with the veteran day sale from knights. I am getting the western for states I need it but what conversion Full Plastic jacket or bare primer for when I dont? I do not know the diference.

Full Plastic Jacket or bare primer - does not apply to a Western Ultra Lite. If you order the Western version you will get a rifle with the barrel drilled and tapped for open sights.

Western_Legal.jpg

It will come with a percussion cap breech plug with a nipple for Musket caps or #11 Caps

DE_FPJ.jpg

If you want to shoot shotgun 209 primers you will then need to purchase a conversion kit..

If you order a 209 ignition Ultra Lite - it will not have barrel sights.

hope this all makes sense...

OP
N

Nalgene

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I am with you, I would like to order the conversion kit and there are the two options.

Yes I am with you, I would like to order the conversion kit and there are the two options.

OK - in that case - would suggest the you get the Bare Primer - conversion - it is or can be a whole heck of a lot cleaner!

Look at the spent primers in this picture - if they are this clean you know your breech is remaining darn clean also...

265_Misc_Pics.jpg

dotman

WKR
I thought knight now sold a CO legal setup which is the western legal but with the 209 primers, my buddy bought one just last month from midway USA.

I thought knight now sold a CO legal setup which is the western legal but with the 209 primers, my buddy bought one just last month from midway USA.

You are correct... there is a Colorado version available. That will be shipped with sights and 209 ignition... Then you would have to purchase the Western bolt and BP to hunt the Pacific Northwest.

bowinhand

WKR
With the bare 209 you'll have to shim the breachplug. Use the search to find sabot loader's thread
Thank you Sabotloader!