Traditions G4 Ultralight. Any good?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hi All,

I have a buddy looking to get a muzzleloader, he's new to it and not looking to get "super" into it, he just wants a chance to extend his hunting seasons occasionally so he docent want to spend knight $$$. That being said, he wants something fairly light. I came across the traditions ultralight and it seems ok for his purposes.

Is this rifle any good? or is there something similar you might recommend? Im not familiar with Traditions, just CVA and Knight. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

The G4 is extremely light--- maybe even too light for the recoil and for holding steady.

I've owned and have had outstanding success with the CVA in-lines. I have owned an Optima and different versions of the Accura V2 (the LR and the MR).

Cabelas has the Nitride coated Optima V2 (all black) with a scope for $299 which is a smoking deal and one I would jump on if I were him.

If he isn't looking to get 'super' into it then he can stick with 2x 50gr pellets and a good sabot (I like Harvester's PT Gold) and he should get good accuracy. I use loose powder in my MR and get 1.5" at 150 yards.

Picked one up this year. I like the feel of my Knight U-lite better but the G4 shoots good and is easier to clean and load a primer. I would recommend it.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I wish we could go handle a few. We are back and forth between the g4 and a CVA. Thanks for the advice and suggestions.