Another Trip to the Rock Pit

Got or actually made some free time Tuesday so I packed up and headed back to the rock pit...

This trip I wanted to shoot the Lehigh .452x265CF-HP. I have long said probably the best all-around bullet that I use was the Lehigh/Bloodline .458x275. I really prefer shooting a bullet that is close to bore size so I can reduce the thickness on the sabot carrying the projectile up the bore. For myself I really believe I get better accuracy with the thinner sabot.

This picture shows the .458-275 just for reference...

Lehigh458-275_DOA.jpg

This shows the new all Copper Lehigh .452x265CF-HP

265_Misc_Pics.jpg

The first round of the shoot I shot the 265 to work on the 9 birds on the wall. The 265 worked very well with accuracy being all that I expected. Even on the 2 heart shots that I took. The 3rd heart shot was a miss-calculation on my part. Instead using the 265 I wanted to go back to my elk bullet. The Lehigh/Bloodline .458x300 grain. It shot just a tad lower and I ended hitting the bottom of the bird and blowing the bird up. This bullet is awesome on elk and little - well may a lot to much for deer.

Lehigh300DOA.jpg

This picture shows round one of the morning shoot.

Lehigh_452-265_Shoot.jpg

The second round - I walked another set of birds out to the wall and shot the Lehigh/Bloodline .458x275 grain bullet just for a comparison with the 265... I was completly satisfied whatever I thought I could do with the 275 the 265 would do also - maybe even a tad better.

Another day of rest and relaxation - just like retirement is suppose to be!

Very nice! Theres quite a few lehigh offerings id like to sample. Add this one to the list.
Living up here, my poor inline muzzleloaders have taken a backseat. Thanks for sharing

ole hunter

Lil-Rokslider
My wife still uses a 25-06 , I'M working on some reloading now ,,Already with threw one lb can of 4831 ,,to give you a idea ,,,

OP
sabotloader
My wife still uses a 25-06 , I'M working on some reloading now ,,Already with threw one lb can of 4831 ,,to give you a idea ,,,

I use to load among a lot of other bullets for my sons 22-250 - he used it like a 22LR - so there was a lot of reloading...

Still have some Smokeless left in storage...

Smokeless_Powder.jpg

Last edited: