Remington Ultimate and BH209

ENCORE

WKR
For those shooting BH209 in a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader (RUM), you should read this.

The following is a quote from a member of a FB page I have for UF and RUM owners ONLY. I have his permission to share his "of late" experience.

"Update on my Remington Ultimate I had in for warranty work due to headspace issue. I called Remington 2 weeks ago due to no update on my warranty process via their website and my serial number. The warranty department stated they had no clue where my gun was due to it not being in their system, even tho they sent UPS to pick it up and had records of it being delivered at their facility. Today I received an email that the gun would be delivered today by the end of day, which the gun showed up via UPS. I also received a note stating that my headspace was off due to a bad breechplug. The reason for the bad breechplug, was due to improper powder use (black horn 209). Remington stated the only approved powder for my gun is pellets. I’m curious due to Remington previously telling me I’m fine to shoot blackhorn 209 out of the gun. I contacted the gun repair department and they also stated DO NOT shoot Blackhorn. I guess I will be switching to Triple 7 magnum pellets lol. I wanted everyone to have a heads up on the Remington’s stance on shooting Blackhorn 209. My gun is perfect now, no dented brass and the brass is now clean as new after every shot with pellets. Remington also noted I did not get charged for repair due to the gun damaging brass out of the box with the very first shot even with pellets prior to me switching to Blackhorn."