tc impact vs cva optima v2

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
any preference for those two? or am i missing a model i should be looking at?

xziang

WKR
My first ML was a CVA Optima Pro which was used with open sites and has killed a lot of deer. I now have/use a TC Triumph which I like, I have also picked up the TC Impact because it was to cheap to pass up at wallyworld 2 years ago and I like that gun. GF uses the Impact and we put a cheaper vortex scope on it. All ML's only get 100gr used on them and our shots are no more than 100yrds. (usually 60-80)

I'm not familiar with the v2 though so no input on that one.

2blade

WKR
I hunted with an Impact for one yr before I passed it along to my wife. No matter what 250 gr bullet I feed that thing in a black harvester crushed rib sabot with 90grs of Blackhorn 209, we get 1" groups at 100yds. Here in Utah we can use scopes and last yr my wife shot a deer at 210 yards with this rifle.

Although it is not an Optima, I have a cva mtn rifle. Same set up, 90 grs blackhorn with 250gr bullet and that black harvester crushed rib sabot produces almost 5 holes touching at 100 yards. I do wish the stock was a 1/2" shorter on this gun and it seems to kick a little harder than the Impact.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.