Heads up: Thor bullets on wait list

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
So just got off phone with Thor bullets in TX. Ordered .501 250 gr. Bullets. Guy said waiting on supplier to send materials. Guess they’re a division of the gun company that filed for bankruptcy. Said hopefully end of month to get it. Fingers crossed they can still make what my muzzy loves. Just a heads up to place order as he said FCFSd. Later

Rambo

FNG
I just ordered yestderday and he said he would ship out today. 300gr tipped .501. Didn't ask about other sizes but mine were in stock.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Barnes spit fire tmz same as Thor?

As above, went to muzzleloader.com and seen Barnes spit fire tmz .50 cal 250 gr look the same as Thors. Are these the same, more importantly do they SHOOT the same?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've read that barnes makes the thor bullets under contract for them (barnes is owned by remmington whom has filed bankruptcy). Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the spit fire a sabot round where as the thor is a full bore bullet with a hollow base. Whether they shoot the same would likely be extremely rifle dependent.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
My bad. They’re not the same. Muzzleloader.com and muzzle-loader.com are two different sites, went to wrong one. Thanks for the link. Called Thor this morning, no reply yet on availability of.501 250 gr.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My bad. They’re not the same. Muzzleloader.com and muzzle-loader.com are two different sites, went to wrong one. Thanks for the link. Called Thor this morning, no reply yet on availability of.501 250 gr.

Ya, but when you click on "purchase" on the muzzleloader site, it takes you to the muzzle-loader site.;)

I'm hoping these 250gr Thors shoot well in my gun, was tempted to buy some 300's as well for testing, but I'll try these first I guess.