Buying a new muzzleloader

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
An update,
I had a little time to go shoot a few shots yesterday on my way up to the sierras. My elevation with the .343N seemed like it is going to be perfect. The windage adjustments with the peep are mediocre at best and frustrating. Sabotloader, when tapping your front sight you chase your last shots correct? As in if your hitting right you tap your front sight right?

An update,
I had a little time to go shoot a few shots yesterday on my way up to the sierras. My elevation with the .343N seemed like it is going to be perfect. The windage adjustments with the peep are mediocre at best and frustrating. Sabotloader, when tapping your front sight you chase your last shots correct? As in if your hitting right you tap your front sight right?

Yes you are correct - but at that point - if you are close - you would use the windage adjustment on the WGRS.

OK wait let me start again.... You have the WRGS windage set so the rear sight is in the middle of the range. If you are then try to get the front sight close to centered by tapping the front sight. You only need to get close it does not have to be perfect. Once it is close then use the windage adjustment on the WRGS to get to 0 @ 25 yards. As you move to out in range and I would suggest 75 yards next all adjustments will be done at the peep sight.

Hope that makes some sense????

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
It makes perfect sense, thank you. Is the NECG peep a lot better than the Williams WGRS? I don’t like the windage adjustments on the Williams. When you are used to precision equipment (archery and rifle) and your free time is limited this sight is not ideal.

It makes perfect sense, thank you. Is the NECG peep a lot better than the Williams WGRS? I don’t like the windage adjustments on the Williams. When you are used to precision equipment (archery and rifle) and your free time is limited this sight is not ideal.

No not really - they are both what I can slide and glide sights... that is really why I prefer the Williams FP Peep - 1/4 min clicks just like a scope. But to use a FP on a ULite you have to modify the stock.

Williams FP Peep

P1010002a.jpg

Stock Modification for FP

FP_Ulite_Stock.jpg

FP_-_Ulite.jpg

I'd second the choice to just lighten your load down for the wife and kiddo.

Here is a link for a great article on open sights which Id recommend regardless of what rifle you choose-- Increased accuracy from an open sight muzzleloader | goHUNT

All that said, I'll stand by my choice for a CVA -- the accura series has several choices for barrel lengths and it is the best bang for the buck by far!
+1 on the CVA Accura with the upgraded peep sights. I followed the instructions in the goHUNT article, it was an easy DIY process that makes a huge difference.