Encore Pro Hunter Sights/Accurizing

Picked up a Thompson Pro Hunter 209x50 this winter and I got lucky and drew an elk tag in CO. Looking for new sights to aid with hunting iron only in CO. Considering a Williams peep (unless there are other options) and a globe front sight. Any recommendations on either? Already ordered a Thor sample pack for bullets.

Going to send the lower in to Eabco for their trigger job unless you guys recommend someone better for the job.

Thanks!

Jimss

WKR
I would be curious how the peep works. I've used mine in Utah with 1 x dot scopes and could shoot fairly tight groups at up to 200 yards with sabots. I haven't figured out a configuration of bullets and sites that are legal in Colo.

ENCORE

WKR
……………..Going to send the lower in to Eabco for their trigger job unless you guys recommend someone better for the job.

Thanks!

The guy that knows more about Encore platform rifles than any other is Mike Bellm. Bellm TCs – TC Contender, G2, Encore/ProHunter Performance Center
The trigger job is something that you can do yourself, if you have the patience and mechanical skills. I've done many myself in the past. It truly makes the rifle shoot completely different (better).
I like light triggers, so I always used the 2# trigger spring. Honing parts is not hard with a small stone. I would definitely order the 51# hammer spring, heavy duty firing pin spring and heavy duty locking lug spring. As for an over travel screw, unless you plan on shooting a lot from the bench and more target with a full rest or rear bag, I'd forgo the over travel spring. When target shooting using a full rest or rear bag, the over travel screw would be ok. However for hunting, its best not to use it. In a hunting situation you want the over travel to keep from moving the barrel when the trigger stops, this is for the greatest hunting accuracy. If one puts the slightest tension on the trigger during the millaseconds that the bullet remains in the barrel, it can affect long range accuracy. Most long range hunting schools, now teach shooters to give as much over travel as possible.
Example: long range with a jewel trigger - Bing video