Knight Ultralight questions

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased the Ultralight Western ready, set up for #11 per cushion caps. The rifle came with a breech plug tool, to remove the plug. I then purchased the 209 conversion kit for it. When I removed the old breech plug (for #11 caps) and try to install the new plug (for 209 primers) the breech plug tool (that came with the gun) doesn’t fit the new plug. Do I need to buy an additional breech plug tool? They are both hex head but it’s like the tool isn’t deep enough to accept the 209 plug. Also, should the action or working the bolt on this rifle feel “rough” for lack of a better term? I’m really excited to be hunting with this gun this fall but, there’s a bit of a learning curve with it. Thanks for the help,
Brian

robie

WKR
Tool will fit both plugs. Can you post pictures?

I've got the same setup and the tool works on both. I would grease the treads on the new plug and you will have to work with it to get it deep enough for the bolt to close.

The bolt is rough and feels heavy when closing/opening it. It will break in some but always tight.

OP
C

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wish I could but I’m at work. The tool provided doesn’t even come close to engaging the hex head of the 209 plug. The length of the 209 nipple doesn’t allow it. Am I missing something here?

I wish I could but I’m at work. The tool provided doesn’t even come close to engaging the hex head of the 209 plug. The length of the 209 nipple doesn’t allow it. Am I missing something here?

It would be my suggestion that skip the Knight tool and get a 1/4" drive ratchet setup for your breech plugs. 1/4" drive - long extension - 7/16" deep socket.

Ratchet_Setup.jpg

There is a possibility of two different Knight BP Tools. The tool for the Western BP is probably not drilled deep enough to accommodate the long primer stack of the bare primer. You can/could drill the Knight tool deeper to allow the extra room needed for the 209 primer area. If it were a FPJ 209 plug the Western tool would probably work fine.