To much Weight loss

Rmauch20

WKR
Realize most people probably have the opposite of this problem as they close in on the big 40. I am struggling to put on weight and keep it on. A quick backstory, A few years ago I was up to around 210 to 215 my diet was pretty much junk and drinking too much caused my lab results to be all screwed up. Started eating much cleaner. Quit drinking totally. My weight went down to about 195 I’m 6’2”. I looked and felt pretty good. Didn’t really feel like I lost any strength in the weight room and my knees feel better even just the 15-20 pound difference.
While working out and training for my first elk hunt last year and I’m dropping down to about 185 which was a little bit lighter than I wanted to be but no big deal. I took several months but end up getting back up to 195, it was a lot harder putting that weight back on that when I anticipated.
Still lift about three or four days a week. Cardio has really slacked off this summer just due Selling and buying a house and having to move three times in three months so it’s been a bit stressful to say the least. In all honesty I am still eating better than I was but definitely fell off a little bit as well as gym time was suffered. So if anything I would’ve thought I would’ve put on a little bad weight. That is not the case. I’m down to about 180 currently which I feel was too light. I can definitely feel it in the weight room not being able to move as much weight. I think probably a lot of it’s just due to stress level but I am getting back on track with my food and getting back into the gym more now that I’m getting caught up on things.

Anyone else have trouble keeping weight on? My wife just told me already that if I get below 180 she’s gonna make me go to the doctor to get checked out, I would like to try to avoid that.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
When you are really busy and stressed out it does take the weight off, or at least I noticed that when I was younger. Wait till you close in on 50, all that stress and activity won’t help a bit! I’d keep eating healthy and not worry so much if it were me. Good luck.

LaHunter

WKR
Why not go to doc and get checked out?
Could be nothing but stress or could be something that needs to be addressed medically. You won't know if you don't get checked out.

Trial153

WKR
Send that problem my way!!

Seriously check it out though. Run some labs and have some piece of mind.

amassi

WKR
Echo above
Might as well go see a dr and run some bloodwork anyway, ne need to wait another 5#s

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

i would get to your drs. for a check up. congrats on giving up the drinking! in my case for me being pre diabetic for a while they tell me weight loss that happens dramatically in a short time is a symptom of the disease getting worse. get checked out!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
That was pretty much the story of my life. When I was high school age even lifting did nothing to add weight. In college I packed on about 20lbs of muscle from lifting but it was still a struggle. I ate like a horse and still do even at 53 now. I fluctuate between 215 and 220 normally these days, with very little of that being fat.......but I'm 6'6". I have found that if I hit the weights hard these days, for whatever reason it packs on a little easier. But on the other hand, at 220 and elk hunting my knees hate me. I'll lose 20lbs every elk season and then it takes 10 months to get it back. But in reality, I'm a better elk hunter at 190-195......very lean and mobile. It's all a tradeoff.

Wish I had this problem.
I'd say keep eating clean but up your calories and throw away the scale.
My brother in law is 6,2 and 180 it he eats about 5000 plus per day. To a point it's kinda a financial struggle. 6 eggs every morning and like a pound of meat per day.
But hes strong enough to compete and place in regional strong man coms.
Dont focus on weight.
Just fuel our fire