--265 x 1

-Push Press
--135x5
--155x5
--185x4
--205x2
--215x1 (PR)

Feel:
Wrapping this up in conclusion, see below.

Ironman8

WKR
MONDAY 4/25

Previous Nights' Sleep: 7hrs
RHR: 67
HRV: 63
Readiness Level: 10

Workout

This week is technically a deload week in terms of weight loading on the big lifts, but everything else remains the same. Oly lifts were omitted this week as well.

-Back Squat (Wendler 5/3/1) Week 4 @ 410# max
--145 x 20
--185 x 15
--220 x 15

-Weighted Pullups
--3x9 @ 25#

-Weighted Plank Holds
--3 x 1:00 with 45# plate on back

-Low Intensity Interval Run (Treadmill)
--4:00 run, 2:00 walk (x4 rounds)
---2.20 miles @ 24:00

Feel:

Ironman8

WKR
TUESDAY 4/26

Previous Nights' Sleep: 5.5 hrs
RHR: 69
HRV: 69
Readiness Level: 7

Workout

This week is technically a deload week in terms of weight loading on the big lifts, but everything else remains the same. Oly lifts were omitted this week as well.

-Strict OH Press (Wendler 5/3/1) Week 4 @ 185# max
--65 x 20
--85 x 18
--100 x 15

-Supinated Bent Over Row
--135 x 6
--185 x 5
--205 x 4
--225 x 3

-High Intensity Interval Row
--1k warmup
--2:00 Cycles w/ 30 sec. sprint (x7) - (averaged 162 meters per sprint)
---1133 meters total (2133 meters including warmup)

Feel:

Ironman8

WKR
WEDNESDAY 4/27

Previous Nights' Sleep: 5.5 hrs
RHR: 72
HRV: 60
Readiness Level: 7

Workout

-Deadlift (Wendler 5/3/1) Week 4 @ 450# max
--160 x 20
--205 x 18
--245 x 15

-Dumbell Decline Bench
--60x8
--70x7
--80x6

-High Intensity Interval Run (Treadmill)
--1min run/sprint / 2min walk (7.5 up to 10.5 mph on treadmill)
--1.75mi @ 21:00

Feel:

Ironman8

WKR
THURSDAY 4/28

*Did not get morning numbers today*

Workout
*Active Recovery Day*
-Long Slow Run
--3.21 miles @ 33:19

Feel:

Ironman8

WKR
FRIDAY 4/29

Previous Nights' Sleep: 9 hrs
RHR: 66
HRV: 65
Readiness Level: 9

Workout

*Missed workout due to long day back at work.

Feel:

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Matt21418 - Day 15 workout 12

Wednesday 4/27

Feel good this morning just hard to get out of bed, but made it didn't let the desire overcome the need.

Metcon: “Kettlebell Hell” (AMRAP – Reps)

1. In 3 minutes complete:
25 KB Swings
15 Burpees
AMRAP of 1-arm KB Snatches from the hang in the remaining time. 1 - 18 per side, 2 - 12 per side

Rest 1 minute

2. In 3 minutes complete:
25 KB Swings
15 Burpees
AMRAP of 1-arm KB Clean and Jerks from the hang in the remaining time. 1 - 15 per side, 2 - 6 per side

Rest 1 minute

3. In 3 minutes complete:
25 KB Swings
15 Burpees
AMRAP of KB Goblet Squats in the remaining time. – KB can rest on chest. 1 - 38, 2 - 23

Rest 5 minutes and repeat 1, 2 and 3 again.

40 lb kettle bell for all exercises

Matt21418 - Day16 workout 13d

Thursday 4-28

Felt good this morning ready to go

22 min treadmill warmup

4 set with 20 reps per set

Lunges with 70lb barbell oh
Plank 1 min hold
Goblet step ups with 50 lb kettle bell
Russian twist with 30 lb kettle bell
Deadlift with 70 lb barbell
Reachers with one arm and one leg

Morning after this workout I was a little sore nothing to stop me from going to the gym but noticeable more so than any other workout

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Matt21418 - Final review of Phenix

Just to give a little back story and basis to this review I have been on again and off again on the fitness band wagon mainly related to some type of major goal, such as a race, or event, I have completed multiple half marathons and a single half marathon, as well as a 100 mile bike ride previously, all of which I invested significant training efforts into only to fall off the training wagon after the event due to not having the next thing to go after and being burnt out. At the beginning of this year I found my next goal which is the month of September and to be chasing elk through the rocky mountains. I started this year at 5'11" 211 lbs, typically the highest weight I hit before deciding it is time to do something. I was watching some podcasts and started to realize this isn't a joke and if I wanted to have the best chance of getting into elk that I was going to have to do something, so the journey began. Slowly at first, but I am taking a whole lifestyle change and have been working to really focus on my diet as well as my workouts. I am by no means a expert or have I read any books at this time but I am learning through listening and working to move primarily towards a whole foods diet and minimize the amount of gluten that I take in. These changes have had a significant impact in how my joints feel and I notice there is something to this and have begun further research on this as well. As of today I have dropped my weight 189 lbs and am working hard to be in the best shape I can be for September. So enough about my history and lets get to talking about the product. As the opportunity arose to test this product I have been working to ramp up the intensities of my workouts. The first week of my review I was traveling and working to incorporate similar workouts that I could do with no equipment. This week was moderate activity for me, for me there was some lacking intensity if I had been running by myself or able to get to the gym I would have pushed it harder but the time was well spent with my Dad and I wouldn't trade that. The product worked as expected throughout the week and I did not have any soreness and recovery was great I was always ready to go the next day. The second week of the review I returned home and was back to the normal daily grind of job, family and my normal workout routine of waking up at 3 am to get my workouts in before work. As usual I have begun to thrive on this I enjoy it and it makes my days a lot better so I make everyone of these that I can. The intensity was stepped up this week and the muscle recovery was great this week, I might have felt some tightness that I would call it but nothing that would have prevented me from going to lift that muscle group the next day. I don't have a specific routine that I am following I am always looking for something to try and listening to others on what they are doing. the last part of this trail and continuing on I am doing incorporating kettlebell workouts along with complex movements that involve a lot of muscle groups. These last couple of workouts was probably the hardest I have pushed and had some actual soreness that I felt the day after the workout. Compared to my previous experiences this soreness was minimal and I felt so good the day(s) after I was able to go and push it again and again.

In closing I truly feel that this product makes a difference on muscle recovery, I will continue taking this through the remaining product that I have and to make further comparisons to see if I should continue incorporating this as I train harder moving on towards September. With the effectiveness that I have seen with this product I am looking for other MTN OPS products that I can incorporate into my supplement routine as I move forward.

Thanks again to MTN OPS for providing the product for this review, Robby and ROKSLIDE for the opportunity, and anyone out there that has read my experience. I wish you all the best with your fitness endeavors!!

Ironman8

WKR
Sorry for the cliffhanger...

As stated in my original post, I've been increasing the volume and intensity of my lifting by including 3 OLY (Snatch / Clean & Jerk) sessions a week on top of my increasing volume of strength and accessory work. I've also been adding in more timed work such as EMOMs and AMRAPs. My supplementation is pretty basic with a protein powder, creatine, glutamine, and beta alanine for performance; Multi-vitamin and D3 for general health, and a fish oil (3 grams per day) for recovery. For this test, I cut out the fish oil.

I'm usually a non-responder to supplements, or at least I don't tend to feel the effects (I can drink coffee right before bed and sleep fine), so I usually only trust and believe in supplements that have extensive testing behind them...hence the basic list above. I still haven't had the time to research what exactly is in Mtn. Ops Phenix and what kind of studies have been conducted on the ingredients, but whatever it is, it seems to work.

The baseline that I had going into this test was from about a week before Robbie anounced that we would be testing Phenix, when I forgot to take my fish oil for most of that week, while not missing a training day. I always took fish oil because I knew it was good for me and seemed to work well in the recovery department, but never really paid attention to how I felt when I was off of it. Well, that week, about half way through after forgetting to take it, I definitely felt a decrease in motivation, energy, and recovery from day to day, even though my sleep was pretty decent (about 7-8 hours per night).

After concluding this test, I would have to say that Phenix works very well at what it says it's supposed to do: Post Workout Recovery. As you can see in my logs throughout the test, even with some wacky sleep cycles thanks to the new baby, I never felt like I was behind the curve on recovery. Very rarely did I have any muscle soreness, and if I did, it was early in the morning and wore off within an hour or so as I got moving. I still think that sleep and diet are the biggest factors in recovery, but as a supplement goes, I believe that Phenix works as good or better than fish oils. With the remainder of the bottle (and after buying more), I will do some additional long term testing as compared to fish oils for not only recovery, but intestinal health (Phenix claims to support the immune system and "Promotes a balanced intestinal mucosa"), which is of particular interest to me. If this can work as good or better in both areas that I'm interested in, then I would absolutely consider this a viable alternative to fish oils.

Thanks again to Robbie and Mtn Ops for allowing me to be one of the testers!

Capt Jims

FNG
Im 58, a Gym Rat 5 days a week, currently gearing up to start the preseason Bow Hunting training regiment which is 5 days in the gym and at least 1 if not 2 on the mountain. I currently use all Vitamin Shoppe Supplements except for their Test Booster. I would really feel honored to be selected to try your supplements.
Training Days
Sun; Shoulders, Bi's Tri's, Abs
Mon; Legs, Abs
Tues; Back, Abs
Wed; CCSD Range Road Run Hike or off road run Hike
Thur. Chest
Fri; Mostly Cardio like StairMaster, Rowing machine
Sat: Rest til July 1st then Lift Run Shoot till Season starts.

Thank You
Jim