Supplements

Eddy C

FNG
I need a pre workout and a recovery drink, also whey protien powder which I get at cosco. My question is? Is Mtn Opps that much better that it's worth ordering or should I just go to a supplement store? I'm sure many of you have done both. Thanks

ianpadron

WKR
Why do you need a pre-workout?

Not trying to be a dick, honest question. What are you looking to accomplish with one?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I need a pre workout and a recovery drink, also whey protien powder which I get at cosco. My question is? Is Mtn Opps that much better that it's worth ordering or should I just go to a supplement store? I'm sure many of you have done both. Thanks

I used MTNops for a couple months and then went back to buying from a supplement store. IMO you can find supplements that are just as good for cheaper.

D_Eightch

WKR
I agree. I switched over to Coffee if I need a boost.

Also, In my opinion the only thing that Mountain Ops has going for them is they are targeting a specific group (hunters). There are way cheaper options out there that are basically the same product. If they were priced more competitively and I needed supplements they'd have my business. Until then there are just too many other options out there.

ianpadron

WKR
I agree. I switched over to Coffee if I need a boost.

Also, In my opinion the only thing that Mountain Ops has going for them is they are targeting a specific group (hunters). There are way cheaper options out there that are basically the same product. If they were priced more competitively and I needed supplements they'd have my business. Until then there are just too many other options out there.
Hit the nail on the head

cocky84

WKR
I have tried using a few different pre workout and c4 works the best. Too good for me actually. I workout in the evening and if i take two scoops it works great, but then I can't sleep that night. Only use it on Saturday morning workouts now. I just use Optimum Nutrition amino energy and I can't tell it doing anything. I like the taste and i have something to drink at the gym that way.

Mt ops is too pricey. For Whey, ON Gold Stardard is less than 1/2 price of MT OPS.

I added it up to switch my multivitamins and supplements that im using now to Mt Ops and it was close to $80 per month. Thats $960 bucks a year. Thats my elk and mule deer tag.

Not knocking mt ops. If i had money to spare I probably would use it just because they support hunting and its a good product.

jgeary338

Lil-Rokslider
Pre workout I take either performix vx2, and take plazma from biotest intra. Makes for hardcore workouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtn Ops is trash. They flooded the market with advertising and signing big names to appeal to every corner of the hunting market. I've tried their products several different times, Yeti is the only half decent product they turn out. Their protein is terrible, especially when compared to others on the market.

If price isn't a factor, I would look into 1stPhorm. Best stuff I've had, hands down. Their protein is amazing, I've used the pre-workout, BCAA's, and their Alpha. Their customer service and business model is awesome. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuke Man

WKR
MTN OPS magnum protein tastes like crap. Pretty much everyone you see using it, is mixing a bunch of stuff in it to make it palatable. I don't have time to make up some fancy protein shake. Protein powder and milk, shake and go! I do like MTN OPS Enduro though for just day to day energy and it's really a mood booster. I work midnights, my wife calls it my happy juice.
1st Phorm puts out a bad ass pre workout.
For protein you just can't beat ON Gold Standard. Tastes great and mixes great! Also very affordable.

ianpadron

WKR
MTN OPS magnum protein tastes like crap. Pretty much everyone you see using it, is mixing a bunch of stuff in it to make it palatable. I don't have time to make up some fancy protein shake. Protein powder and milk, shake and go! I do like MTN OPS Enduro though for just day to day energy and it's really a mood booster. I work midnights, my wife calls it my happy juice.
1st Phorm puts out a bad ass pre workout.
For protein you just can't beat ON Gold Standard. Tastes great and mixes great! Also very affordable.
Yup you can buy the 100 serving ON bags at Costco for 40 bucks!

KurtR

WKR
I think the mt ops vanilla magnum tastes great. Waterfowl is also my favorite wild game meat so i might just be a complete weirdo.

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Yup you can buy the 100 serving ON bags at Costco for 40 bucks!

I like the ON Vanilla, bought the Muscle Milk Vanilla because it was on sale, don't like the taste nearly as well. Taste of Vanilla is to strong and makes my berry and spinach shakes taste funky.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the mtn ops ignite for the mountain. But I have been realllly liking Warrior Fuels pre workout and bcaas. They taste great, and they make me feel better than every other thing that I've tried. For the little protein powder that I use, I stick with Muscle Pharm.

idcuda

WKR

Mtn Ops - you're paying for the marketing. There are dozens of cheaper options that have pretty similar ingredients.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I've had decent luck with BSN products, specifically Syntha-6 as a post workout protein and N.O. Explode as a pre workout. People are effected differently by pre-workouts and N.O. Explode tends to get negative reviews from many but it did me just right. Problem is, I started to depend on it....without it I could not motivate myself to work out. Syntha-6 was a lower carb/calorie protein option that helped in recovery. In the last year I've sworn off of supplements, and have found that with eating right and eating the right proteins I make just as good of gains without all the water-weight. Coffee is also my pre workout, it's not the same but it's better than getting hooked on N.O. products and the jitters that are hard to avoid sometimes when you take them.

bozeman

WKR
I have just started easing into BCAA and Glutamine from bulk supplements......going to see how recovery is with these over the next 4 weeks to gage effectiveness.

adaptablesurvival

Lil-Rokslider
For my preworkout, I use BZRK from Black Magic Supplements. I have been mixing that with Now Sports Arginine Stack. This has been by far the most effective preworkout stack I've ever used. Loads of energy and gives me alot of stamina to sustain through my lifting days which usually last 1.5-2 hours. As for a post workout, what I've been using is Nuun Electrolyte tablet, 1 scoop of of Allmax Aminocore and 1 scoop of Nutrasumma Glutamine Plus. I sweat alot during my workouts, so having an electrolyte after as been very beneficial for me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

From my personal experience, I prefer to go to the supplement store. You can also order it but it's good if you visit and purchase it from the store itself.

Initially, when I started using these supplements I ordered it online but it such a horrible experience. I am from India and I personally prefer to visit supplement stores.

Currently, I am using MuscleBlaze Pre Workout.

What Pre-Workout are you using right now?