Pre-workout before AM fasted cardio?

If I am taking a pre-workout (usually a half scoop of mtn ops yeti and a half scoop of enduro) before AM fasted cardio, am I hindering my results?

I didn't think anything about it until today, I swallowed my normal cocktail down and thought to myself that however they sweeten that stuff, it has to be affecting my insulin levels. But with no food in me, does it just burn off the 10-15 calories of energy in the drink then switch to another energy system?

D_Eightch

WKR
Are you at a point in your training that you really have to worry about that small of detail?

If not, I doubt it is having any ill effect. That's some pretty fine tuning imo, not something I would worry about.

Poser

WKR
Assuming your goal of fasted AM cardio is to burn fat as fuel? Then, I would look at the carb and sugar content of the supplement. If you are just burning the carb/sugar content of the supplement, then it might not align with your goal. If the goal of your workout is to primarily improve aerobic capacity, then I would see no problem with a energy boost. If you are doing interval training, then the idea is to induce a fat burning state for the next 8-24 hours, in which case, I'd see little conflict with the supplement (or eating for that matter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
If you're goal is weight loss, then just the Enduro will work. At the end of the day, it's more about calorie intake for the 24 hour period.

I've been at it hard for almost 3 months, running a 400 calorie deficit and dropped almost 15#. 30 minutes HIIT and abs in the morning, and a 4 day split weight lifting in the afternoon. I had been doing weights first thing in the morning but after switching, I'm shredding fat.

Kinda basic but have you calculated your calorie needs?