Loosing last 10-15 pounds- plateaued

270quest

WKR
Wanted to get your feedback or what has worked for you guys when it comes to loosing that last 10-15 pounds. I started at 262 and have lost 55 pounds as I am 207 this morning...But I have essentially plateaued for about a month. I will work my but off and lose 5-6 pounds water weight in a work out, but next morning be back to my weight.

What has worked for you for breaking a plateau and loosing that last bit of weight? I can't cut my calories much lower as I am at around 1800 and any lower I am just too weak. I have gotten to were I can run up to 10-12 miles so my body has adjusted to that and it doesn't shed the pounds like it use to. Really need to drop these last 15 pounds I have till end of August to do so.

Thanks

Daniel_M

WKR
Whats your carb/protein/fat intake look like? That may need an adjustment.

I thrive on more carbs...like 55% of my daily diet. 20% fat and 25% proteins. I was at 400 calorie deficit until I hit about 20# loss but am keeping the rest of my bodyfat for the fall. I was still losing weight with backpack cardio and weights 3-4x a week.

Have you tried fasted cardio in the morning with a fat burner? I used EVL LeanMode + EVL CLA combined with HIIT for 20-30min, stairs or incline treadmill 3x a week, with great success.

ianpadron

WKR
Wanted to get your feedback or what has worked for you guys when it comes to loosing that last 10-15 pounds. I started at 262 and have lost 55 pounds as I am 207 this morning...But I have essentially plateaued for about a month. I will work my but off and lose 5-6 pounds water weight in a work out, but next morning be back to my weight.

What has worked for you for breaking a plateau and loosing that last bit of weight? I can't cut my calories much lower as I am at around 1800 and any lower I am just too weak. I have gotten to were I can run up to 10-12 miles so my body has adjusted to that and it doesn't shed the pounds like it use to. Really need to drop these last 15 pounds I have till end of August to do so.

Thanks
Lift 3-4 times per week at 75-85% of your 1RM to failure.

Cut the steady state cardio and replace it with 2-3 20min HIIT sessions per week on your off days.

Eat fewer carbs, more protein. Schedule almost all up your carb intake for the meals immediately before and after you train.

That'll do the trick.

Also, remember that although weight loss tends to be linear for the first few months, your body will always stall out when it hits old metabolic set points. You might have to stay the course at 207 for a while as your body recalibrates...then BOOM it starts melting off again.

Great job so far!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Ironman8

WKR
1800 calories is pretty low for a guy your size. I don't know enough to really give you an educated answer, but my guess is that you've been at this diet for a while, and at a significant caloric restriction for such a long period of time that your body has finally adapted and you've just about maxed out your metabolism (slowed enough that you're not burning fat any more).

I have an idea of how to get you out of it, but I would need to know more about your history (regarding how long you've been doeting), where your macros are currently, and what your daily activity/workouts look like. Either way, you're correct that dropping calories isn't the right course of action.

Also, for the record, I don't have any problem with keto or super high carb diets for that matter either, but it comes down to your preferences and what is sustainable for you over the long term. I tend to gravitate to a more balanced macro profile because I know what each macro's role is in the body and how important it is to have each of them. There is no such thing as a magic diet that just melts fat off your body.

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
1800 calories is really low if you are working out at all. Like others have said, different diets can work but I have been most successful on a primal type diet. I dont think I was ever truly in a state of ketosis but I loose the most fat while keeping my daily carbs to under 75ish grams. Anything less than that is just hard for me to do and my productivity drops during workouts after several days. I make an effort to keep them around 100 grams per day and trying to hit 1 gram per body weight of protein. Without knowing exactly what your eating, I'd say you would probably respond well to eating more calories per day as long as it's protein and healthy fats.

Daniel_M

WKR
Any updates?

I've pretty much slacked on going to the gym and trying to lose any more weight. Sticking to the hills for my mountain cardio game.

We've got a few really tough hikes not far from the house, topping out at 3200ft to 5600 and roughly 5.5 to 8 miles RT.

94cff28279f4282da4ee51d5f1a802ae.jpg

3a10c8dd133c21eab1277d3028a35b1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk