Cleansing/Detox after weeks of crappy eating?

Count me in the camp that anything labeled as "detox", supplements or diet is mostly bs. As said above, eat load of veggies and of course wild game, drink lots of water, try to avoid processed food and you'll be good to go. After a period of eating like shit, a week of the above get's me feeling right as rain.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
I disagree with you about the sugar thing and I'm 10% bodyfat at 205 pounds and have a degree in Exercise Science haha.

I stopped reading your post after the first paragraph. Life lesson: when you come out the gate firing about what piece of paper you have and how much you weigh, you come across as a look-down-on other people type of peckerhead.

ianpadron

WKR
I stopped reading your post after the first paragraph. Life lesson: when you come out the gate firing about what piece of paper you have and how much you weigh, you come across as a look-down-on other people type of peckerhead.
Well you claimed that everyone who disagrees with you is obese so I provided evidence to the contrary.

A lot of guys like to talk about what worked for them, and that's great...but its not the same as being immersed in the science of sports nutrition and human physiology for 4 years.

I don't need any life lessons, peckerhead ;)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Didn't say you were a full time PH, you just came out of the gate like one. This is an area that brings out the worst in me. Numerous family/friends under 40 who are unhealthy as hell, diabetics galore, obese who don't want to do anything about it or just wont listen to good advice if it slapped them in the side of the head.

jmez

WKR
I watched Sugar: The Bitter Truth and Fructose 2.0 a month ago, I cut out all sugar except fresh fruit. I work out year round but the difference in focus and stamina at the gym was VERY noticeable the first week. I sleep better now and seem to need less of it and have way more energy.

The only people who disagree with me on cutting sugar and eating as much organic as possible are well overweight and border line obese.

I'm convinced the food industry is trying to kill us off quicker.
I disagree. In not obese or even close to overweight, nor is my wife or brother. We all eat sugar every day and don't buy organic food.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

WKR
Didn't say you were a full time PH, you just came out of the gate like one. This is an area that brings out the worst in me. Numerous family/friends under 40 who are unhealthy as hell, diabetics galore, obese who don't want to do anything about it or just wont listen to good advice if it slapped them in the side of the head.

That doesn't justify the use of junk science.

OP
T
Post the sources if you hope to use them to support your assertion. The burden of proof is yours. Only rookies fail to cite.

Wow, didnt realize APA citations were required on rokslide. I posted my sources, Cleveland clinic and Nature journal. You can look for yourself. I'm not going to try to have a dick measuring contest here on valid scientific sources. Suffice it to say I have plenty of experience on sorting through irrelevanancy and b.s.

WKR
Wow, didnt realize APA citations were required on rokslide. I posted my sources, Cleveland clinic and Nature journal. You can look for yourself. I'm not going to try to have a dick measuring contest here on valid scientific sources. Suffice it to say I have plenty of experience on sorting through irrelevanancy and b.s.

Then post the links. Shouldn't be that hard, eh?

Like this:

Crohn's disease-associated adherent-invasive Escherichia coli adhesion is enhanced by exposure to the ubiquitous dietary polysaccharide maltodextrin. - PubMed - NCBI

From reading the study, we can see that there was a problem with patients with Crohn's disease. Not sure that we can assume that this applies to healthy (non CD) individuals.

People misinterpret science and misapply the findings all the time.

Still not sure how a cleanse would have a positive effect on this...

Last edited: