Cleansing/Detox after weeks of crappy eating?

Normally my diet is pretty dang good. I rarely eat fast food, plenty of fruits and veggies and avoid processed stuff. But since May my diet has sucked. I spent 10 days in the field for National Guard training in May and 18 more days in June. During that time I ate mostly MRE's (yuck). After returning I went on vacation with the family (lots of fast food and restaurants) and then I have been working a ton of extra shifts at the hospital, which is eat what I can when I can. Basically, I feel like crap right now. Wondering if you guys have any good ideas for a detox/cleanse that will help me dump some of this crap from my body without completely zapping me of all my energy. I've been back on my normal diet now for about 10 days but still just feel yucky all the time and like I am carrying a brick in my gut. Got about 50 days before I head to the elk woods. Need to get back to feeling like my normal self. Any ideas are appreciated.

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back from a 10 day trip w/ little exercise, eating whatever, and drinking whatever......so on Monday, I dropped alcohol, caffeine, soy, dairy, and complex carbs........lost 4.5 lbs in last 3 days and am feeling great. I drink lots of water, eat raw veggies and fruit when hungry between meals, and for dinner, I am eating lean meats (w/ occasional red meat and pork) and cooked veggies, and make a double portion to have my lunch already prepared the next day. I plan to do this for the next month, and start incorporating one cheat day per week where I incorporate a few complex carbs (ie - pasta or potatoes, etc.).

Last edited:

xcutter

WKR
Eat clean and eat some of the hottest hot sauce you can stand on some fried eggs or something. If you eat enough of it you will purge. Might burn though. LOL.

I like 95% Pain Hot Sauce for this. Tastes great but it is spicy so be careful as I do not know your tolerance to spice or if you have any health restrictions.

BKhunter

WKR
2 tablespoons of Organic apple cider vinegar
1 tablesppon fresh lemon juice
1-2 good shakes of cayenne pepper

Mix in a tall cold glass of water. Drink this once daily. Helps with a multitude of things and I definitely noticed the difference.

Stid2677

WKR
2 tablespoons of Organic apple cider vinegar
1 tablesppon fresh lemon juice
1-2 good shakes of cayenne pepper

Mix in a tall cold glass of water. Drink this once daily. Helps with a multitude of things and I definitely noticed the difference.

The above and add some fasting. You are feeling exhausted because your body is trying to switch fuel sources, takes me about 21 days to really get over all the sugar and switch to a more protien, fat diet.

OP
T
If you have a functioning liver, detox is done for you all day every day.
Very true, but the preservatives and chemicals in heavily processed foods like MREs inhibit digestion which doesn't allow your body to absorb the nutrients that you need.

Daniel_M

WKR
Clean eating and a 7-10 stint of fasting (eating noon to 8pm) help me quite a bit. I've had a few TDY's this summer, which mean eating restaurant/fast food. And I feel much different after a week of it. After a week of chicken, veggies and rice..I'm back to normal.

WKR
My tinfoil hat rusted out and Amazon won't bring me a new one because of Monsanto and the Russians.

ianpadron

WKR
If you have a functioning liver, detox is done for you all day every day.
Thank you! Idk why people think detox and cleanse diets are legit.

Just eat clean, pound the water, and exercise. You'll feel great

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
T
Based on what? Inhibit digestion? How? Sources?
There are dozens of studies that show that emulsifiers and maltodextrin and other additives alter the good bacteria in your gut and lead to inflammatory bowel disorders, weight gain and metabolic issues. Cleveland clinic did a study on maltodextrin and there was a study published in Nature (respected scientific journal) about emulsifiers. Transgultaminase can cause immune responses similar to Celiac disease, and it's commonly used in "gluten free" foods. And does anyone remember Olestra? It caused anal leakage.

We know that the health of the microflora and fauna in our intestinal tract is vital to our overall health. Eating genetically altered foods with tons of additives, chemicals and preservatives harms those organisms.

Anyways, I've been eating well the last few days, increased my fiber intake and have become quite regular lately. I'm starting to feel better. A little system flush is always good for you.

Last edited:

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
I watched Sugar: The Bitter Truth and Fructose 2.0 a month ago, I cut out all sugar except fresh fruit. I work out year round but the difference in focus and stamina at the gym was VERY noticeable the first week. I sleep better now and seem to need less of it and have way more energy.

The only people who disagree with me on cutting sugar and eating as much organic as possible are well overweight and border line obese.

I'm convinced the food industry is trying to kill us off quicker.

ianpadron

WKR
I watched Sugar: The Bitter Truth and Fructose 2.0 a month ago, I cut out all sugar except fresh fruit. I work out year round but the difference in focus and stamina at the gym was VERY noticeable the first week. I sleep better now and seem to need less of it and have way more energy.

The only people who disagree with me on cutting sugar and eating as much organic as possible are well overweight and border line obese.

I'm convinced the food industry is trying to kill us off quicker.
I disagree with you about the sugar thing and I'm 10% bodyfat at 205 pounds and have a degree in Exercise Science haha.

Sugar is only a problem if you're already fat. You can quote me on that.

Lean bodies have ZERO issue clearing glucose and study after study shows that. Plasma triglyceride levels, insulin/GLUT-4 sensitivity, and glucose clearance rates are determined by one's lean mass almost exclusively.

Take someone who's dug themselves a metabolic hole by eating too much and exercising too little for years...then have them eat sugary foods and now you have the issues people like to attribute directly to sugar (adipose deposition, high blood sugar, etc).

At the end of the day, yes most Americans eat too much sugar...but it's the too much part that's the problem, not the sugar itself.

No different than the study from the 70s that showed a faulty correlation between dietary fat intake and cardiovascular disease/athersclerosis. Extremism works both ways, and as usual, the answer is always somewhere in the middle.

Fat, sugar, bread, rice, cereal etc. won't make people fat or make them show symptoms consistent with metobolic syndrome...but you can bet that eating them in the wrong quantities will make them fat and unhealthy in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk