What is the best OTC pain/sleep meds.

What is everyone using for their backcountry pain/sleep meds? I'm not a user of meds but do utilize supplements for some pain/swelling issues I have after workouts. I would like to have some OTC meds at elk camp this year just incase I push it a little too hard. Let me know what to get and why its better than the other.

Good topic, looking for answers myself. I get a lot if aches and pains from other sports.

Been told cannabis oil is good, but I don't know anything about that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ranger619

WKR
Naproxen (Aleve), Ibuprofen (Advil), or Acetaminophen (Tylenol) are the best OTC meds available. Acetaminophen only treats pain, not pain and inflammation like Naproxen or Ibuprofen. For sleep you can just buy Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). It is an allergy med, but it is the sleep ingredient used in Tylenol PM or Advil Pm. I just buy generic Benadryl and some Ibuprofen and take both at night for sleep and just the ibuprofen during the day if I need something for pain. Melatonin can be used for sleep. I haven't tried it myself, but I have sold thousands of tablets of it in the pharmacy I work in. It works well for many people.

Stid2677

WKR
Naproxen (Aleve), Ibuprofen (Advil), or Acetaminophen (Tylenol) are the best OTC meds available. Acetaminophen only treats pain, not pain and inflammation like Naproxen or Ibuprofen. For sleep you can just buy Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). It is an allergy med, but it is the sleep ingredient used in Tylenol PM or Advil Pm. I just buy generic Benadryl and some Ibuprofen and take both at night for sleep and just the ibuprofen during the day if I need something for pain. Melatonin can be used for sleep. I haven't tried it myself, but I have sold thousands of tablets of it in the pharmacy I work in. It works well for many people.

What he said........

Make sure your body will do Benadryl. Some folks get amped, some get sleep.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same with melatonin in my experience. 0.5 mg is good for me, and any more than that will have an adverse affect and I'll be up all night.

2ski

WKR
Krill oil. Not kidding. My knee starts to hurt I pop that for a few days. Better than fish oil. Fish oil works but takes a few days. I feel the krill oil take effect the next day if not sooner. Start the day before a hunt and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sierra1

FNG
I am getting close to 50...and have had years of shift work/call outs interrupting sleep. Melatonin works well for me and I use it on trips...but as mentioned, try it first and start with minimal dosage.

Seeknelk

WKR
Try dream n grow from iron labs for the sleeping part...amazing sleep with no grogginess on half dose, one capsule. Some dry mouth but not bad at all. You actually sleep instead of getting knocked out with Benadryl type products. There is a difference.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman