Cocktail for packing out?

jpolson

Lil-Rokslider
I try to prep myself for any pack out that I know will be tough.

Usually I eat a high carb protein bar, take 2 Aleve and drink a 5 hour energy right as the pack out starts...then go like hell.

Anyone else have something they do?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I mix a packet of emergen-c with a little pre-workout any time I want a little boost and don't want coffee.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Last year I didn't eat breakfast, then shot my bull at around 0730. Got back to the truck at around 2 with the head, rack, and cape, and didn't eat lunch. Got back to camp later that night after the meat packout, and went to bed. Got up in a heavy rain storm, had coffee, and packed up camp and got out of there as it started to snow. Ate lunch around 1pm that day. That's the way my packouts usually go.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
I like to take down one or two Nuun tablets. Sometimes just chew em up and wash em down depending on how much of a hustle I'm in.

Then I prefer to fuel with simple sugars... honey stinger gold packets, waffles, etc. don't tend to take any ibuprofen or anything. That can wait till after the pack out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pack of energy gel like Gu or Hammer will really give you a boost. I always keep a few in my pack in case I get an animal down.

Trail153: Scotch is great, but save it for when the job is done.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
One GU Packet
One Honey Stinger Waffle
One packet of Justin's Nut Butter or F-Bomb Macadamia Nut Butter (something high fat)
A lot of water

Then, pack it out! You'll be good to go for several hours.

Rehydrate capsules, Mio Energy, Turmeric capsule, and any leftover food that will fit in pockets. When I get to truck glucosamine and Tylenol pm. Wake up do it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gu shot, hydrate and recover, Aleve and a big smile🤙 Depending on trips will grab further gu and water, Gatorade or recover

Attachments

• 6094934F-FD40-4188-A3C9-CA72B7FF8F31.jpg
    6094934F-FD40-4188-A3C9-CA72B7FF8F31.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 51