Trail running shoes

Good recommendation mtwarden, Running Warehouse has Free shipping and Returns with a return sticker in the box. Buy a couple pairs, try them on and return the ones that don't work. A great option for those who don't have easy access to a good running store.

bearskull

FNG
As others have said, I'd recommend visiting a dedicated running store. My local store has been incredibly helpful in picking the right shoe. They looked at my foot shape, arch, gait, posture, running habits, etc.

After much trial and error, I bought a pair of Altra Superiors and never looked back. The shoe works for me for several reasons:
-Wide toe box
-Zero drop (heel and toes are the same distance from the ground)
-Removable rock guard (a thin plastic insert that fits between the sole and insole) that allows me to run on both road and trail
-Integrated gaiter hookups (a feature on many Altra models, but may be helpful given your sandy/wet terrain)
-Agressive tread

All of the above makes it a good shoe for me. Hope you find one that works for you.

moeleo

WKR
I really like the Saucony Peregrine 7. Very comfortable and lightweight. Gets really great traction as well for muddy trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just hoping to get started on trail runs this year, and I'll be going with the Brooks Cascadia just based on the Ghosts that I alternate into on the streets. I've just started running again after a few years of retirement from the USAF, and a wise "mentor" advised getting two different shoes to alternate. I've found it to be very valuable so far for keeping my legs balanced (both shoes require slightly different muscle usage)

Any suggestions? I've been thinking about some Solomons of some sort. Been just wearing Nike running shoes and mostly running on grass trails but considering doing more dirt trails. I live in Florida so all flat ground but sand and water everywhere. Also would probably trade the boots for good shoes on at least a couple days in the elk woods.
Inov8 305. By far the best trail shoe I have used.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk