Mtn Ops Vs. mainstream supplements

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Is there really an advantage of mtn ops yeti over something like MusclePharm assault, Cellucore C4, etc. or is it pretty much the same? I do like the fact that it is a company that supports hunting but spending $25 on the same amount of servings is more in the budget for me. Ingredients look like they’re about the same

Steadman

WKR
What I’ve experienced the past couple years with Mtn Ops vs other companies. First the protein can be bought cheaper. I do use the yeti pre work out on a regular basis. The reason is it has creatine added and I don’t get jittery and the energy increase for me is not so bad I can’t take it in the afternoon. But that’s for me. Your body might react differently. I’ve used the joint formula with great results as well as the probiotics. I do like the enduro for hikes and the ignite is a good change from energy drinks. The other reason to buy from them is the company supports conservation and hunters. Let me know if you have any other questions.

What I’ve experienced the past couple years with Mtn Ops vs other companies. First the protein can be bought cheaper. I do use the yeti pre work out on a regular basis. The reason is it has creatine added and I don’t get jittery and the energy increase for me is not so bad I can’t take it in the afternoon. But that’s for me. Your body might react differently. I’ve used the joint formula with great results as well as the probiotics. I do like the enduro for hikes and the ignite is a good change from energy drinks. The other reason to buy from them is the company supports conservation and hunters. Let me know if you have any other questions.

You mean “exploits hunters”. They’re a company that markets to a niche category with hype men like Hush, Cam Hanes, Shockeys, etc.

Viewpoints on Mtn. Ops are plentiful, and not all are favorable. Some (myself) believe that they have actually done more harm than good with their marketing style and the type of person they attract. Others believe that getting anyone involved is good, a strength in numbers belief. Neither one is wrong imo.

As far as their supplements go, I think there are better supplements, companies, and products to be found elsewhere. I used to take a pre-workout, after cost analysis and doing a lot of reading, I just switched to regular black coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtn Ops definitely put $$ back into the program.
A business model needs key features to be successful, they know this and market those efficiently.
One could claim that is exploiting or supporting, either way is part of a business model profile that equates to gains.

I spent a lot on their product last year. I really wanted to go to New Zealand and hunt Tahr, until I saw the helicopters, then I was glad I didn't go.

I like some of their stuff and use it occasionally but certainly not daily..... I always have to poop when using the ignite.
I guess that can be a good thing, again depends on your perspective.
:)

JWP58

WKR
Most preworkout supps are probably a waste. You can get caffeine, beta alanine, nitric oxide, or whatever you want for probably much cheaper in bulk/generic supply.

After years of experimenting with different supplements, I think its mostly placebo effect. I think whey protein after working out is a good idea, and caffeine of course can increase your energy. But I don't think you'll see a huge benefit when using preworkouts. I found I mainly just enjoy the stimulant effect.

I now take a multi vitamin, protein, and try to eat decent/drink water. Screw spending money on placebo powders that are probably produced by a 3rd party source (that's making many different brands). Just my opinion, take it for what its worth (and its free....so...)

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
I've taken a lot of different supplements over the years. I really enjoy preworkout for the stimulant effect. After 12 -14 hours of work I need something to keep me motivated. I also use them to keep me awake when needed.

Mountain ops specifically has been ok but I was never wowed.

Steadman

WKR
Just like everything in life it’s not a one size fits all. Some things work great for some and not for others. I have to take a whey protein to get my protein intake where it needs to be. I couldn’t eat enough and it’s readily digestible, especially after a workout. I say to each their own. But life’s too short to complain about a company. If you don’t like em don’t use em. Pretty simple really.

I’ve been using Advocare products like Spark and Rehydrate with much better success then either Mtn Ops or Wilderness Athlete

OP
W

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
I had a couple tubs of their protein over the years and never really fell in love with it cause it was always chalky and didn't really taste great. Picked up a tub on black friday and it seems like this is still the case. Been using Optimum Nutrition whey most consistently so will probably stick with that. Also I usually mix my own pre workout or use coffee but Ill pick up a mixed tub every now and then on sale or bum a scoop from a buddy and it kinda gets me motivated again back in the gym (placebo). I know its probably not actually helping my results but if it keeps me in the gym then whatever. Also I'm not relying on these as magical powers because i do eat clean and make sure I'm hitting my caloric surplus as well as macros daily

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Yeti seems to have less caffeine than your standard GNC preworkout (cellucor, optimum nutrition etc). That can be good and bad. I liked ammo because it has the freeze dried greens mixed in, however it can be a pain to clean out of the shaker cup. Also I can get around 5 lbs of optimum nutrition whey for what it takes for 2 pounds of mtn ops whey. I like enduro before hard cardio sessions and take it in my pack on hunts. I also run wilderness athlete energy and focus and hydrate and recover on hunts and occasionally in off season. Apart from enduro, E&F, H&R I don't typically use the "hunting athlete" supps because it is more cost effective to run things I can find at Walmart and GNC.

You mean “exploits hunters”. They’re a company that markets to a niche category with hype men like Hush, Cam Hanes, Shockeys, etc.

Viewpoints on Mtn. Ops are plentiful, and not all are favorable. Some (myself) believe that they have actually done more harm than good with their marketing style and the type of person they attract. Others believe that getting anyone involved is good, a strength in numbers belief. Neither one is wrong imo.

As far as their supplements go, I think there are better supplements, companies, and products to be found elsewhere. I used to take a pre-workout, after cost analysis and doing a lot of reading, I just switched to regular black coffee.

This made me laugh, but unfortunately I agree with pretty much everything you said Jacob_Outdoors. No supplement is magical- you still have to put the work in to see the results. I'll just continue to work my butt off using the supplements I currently use, and refrain from the flat brimmed hat wearing bro-types they have partnered with...

Owenst7

WKR
I go through the bulk ingredient section of my local grocery store and put together my own stuff. My neck is not wider than my ears, but I feel like I've got plenty of energy when I'm out hiking.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
MTN. Ops supplements have some serious side effects. I won't take them because they scare the hell out of me. The most severe side effects are:
Bro and Tight become words in 90% of your conversations, your hat brim will make it's self extremely flat, you will begin to hash tag all kinds of stuff on all of your next posts and the most frightening side effect is: you will tell everyone how hard you hunt and how your conditioning and diet is why you can hunt so much harder than they can.

I am just giving you a heads up, take it for what it is worth.

MTN. Ops supplements have some serious side effects. I won't take them because they scare the hell out of me. The most severe side effects are:
Bro and Tight become words in 90% of your conversations, your hat brim will make it's self extremely flat, you will begin to hash tag all kinds of stuff on all of your next posts and the most frightening side effect is: you will tell everyone how hard you hunt and how your conditioning and diet is why you can hunt so much harder than they can.

I am just giving you a heads up, take it for what it is worth.

HA HA!!!!!!!!! Were you taking the supplements when you came up with your Rokslide handle?

LitenFast

WKR
Anyone have a good alternative to hydrate and recover? Bought a bunch of tubs of lemon lime when they were on sale but have a hard time paying full price.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
To me the idea of a "hunter athlete" supplement is pretty laughable. Trying to convince hunters that they are extreme athletes and need their own supplement? Come on. Don't think I've ever thought to myself, you know that supplement that the tri-athletes use just isn't good enough for me because I'm a hunter athlete. Way too many options that have spent years on the market to get sucked to the Mtn Ops type sales gimic.

colersu22

WKR
I’ve been using Advocare products like Spark and Rehydrate with much better success then either Mtn Ops or Wilderness Athlete

I worked with a guy who’s wife sold advocare and that spark stuff works. I haven’t tried any of the MT OP’s stuff to be honest but I use nuun every time I am out in the woods hunting or hiking because I get really bad cramps. I use 2 tablets in a 32 oz nalgene and take sips throughout the day, typically early season I go through 4-5 liters of water a day and the 32 oz of nuun and it has helped me with cramps. I do agree that the flavors are not the best but I have no problem chocking it down so I don’t cramp