Any fitness goals for the new year🤙

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
attachment.php

48000 steps and some good antlers that is a fun day!

attachment.php

oh and yes a shot of crown to celebrate:)

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
went over the 500 mile mark today w/ a 16.5 mile, 4000' gain out and back

jYZNw4R.jpg

GhnzEkU.jpg

1rhSagA.jpg

jwatts

WKR
I did my first Tough Mudder a few weeks ago. It was a blast and I intend to do more OCRs. I am on track to beat 1200 miles for the year. I'm up to 330 so far. I still need to get in my 2 half marathons at some point. I'm sure I will will work a few in during marathon training later in the year. I've been running and doing interval training up til this point. Weight training starts today.

I'm still well on track to beat 1200 miles. I am a little over 450 for the year. I've started back weight training some too. I'm trying to work more trail running into my running routine. I'm signed up for a 25k trail run and am looking at another one this year. I've also gotten a lot faster recently. I am not sure what to contribute that to, but I won't complain.

BCSteel

FNG
My goal for the first half of the year is to bulk up. I lost about 25lbs last Sept, Oct, Nov from lots of days in the field and not enough food. I'm up 35 lbs in 4 months and holding around 210 now which is where I like to be. Focusing on more athletic type (as opposed to power lifting or bb style lifting) strength and upping my cardio. In the gym eod and bike riding 5-7x/week. Constantly fighting chronic lower back pain but it's subsiding with physio and the gains are coming steady.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

DavePwns

WKR
My goal for the first half of the year is to bulk up. I lost about 25lbs last Sept, Oct, Nov from lots of days in the field and not enough food. I'm up 35 lbs in 4 months and holding around 210 now which is where I like to be. Focusing on more athletic type (as opposed to power lifting or bb style lifting) strength and upping my cardio. In the gym eod and bike riding 5-7x/week. Constantly fighting chronic lower back pain but it's subsiding with physio and the gains are coming steady.

I've had years of chronic low back pain, the best thing that has helped me a ton is stretching my hip flexors without arching my back (kind of like a slow lunge) on a regular basis and also dead lifting very light for higher reps i.e. 85-135 lbs 15 - 35 reps with a straight back 2 times a week. I know everyone is different but these two things were crucial for me to implement on a regular basis in order to eliminate most of the pain.

BCSteel

FNG
I've had years of chronic low back pain, the best thing that has helped me a ton is stretching my hip flexors without arching my back (kind of like a slow lunge) on a regular basis and also dead lifting very light for higher reps i.e. 85-135 lbs 15 - 35 reps with a straight back 2 times a week. I know everyone is different but these two things were crucial for me to implement on a regular basis in order to eliminate most of the pain.
Stretching is definitely key. If I miss two or three days I start going down hill fast. I'd love to start pulling heavy but I keep it under 2 plates/side, it's not worth risking my back health to try and hit numbers I won't be able to reach again anyways. Once I accepted that I was lifting to increase my mobility/athletics instead of hitting pr's, I started healing up much faster.

twall13

WKR
Nothing crazy here but my goals are as follows:

Run over 700 Miles-
Run 5 miles at a 7:45 minute/mile pace.

I'll throw in some specific strength goals as I ramp up training in preparation for hunting season (pullups, pushups, squats, lunges, weighted pack step ups, etc.) but I run year round regardless so that's what my annual goal focus is centered around.

Halfway through the year so I thought I'd report in. I'm at 361 running miles, so I'm still tracking towards my 700 mile goal. I finally worked through the knee issues I've been dealing with this year and the last month or so I've been running pain free. That has enabled me to start pushing my pace and I finally ran my 5 miles at a 7:45 min./mile pace this morning. So far so good, time to start adding some pack training (hiking w/pack, lunges w/pack, squats w/pack, etc.) and build up the leg strength a bit more before the season starts.

Last edited:

ColeKira

FNG
I'm working on getting my weight down to under 160 so I can compete in my ideal weight class for BJJ. I'm adding burpees, tire flips and sledge hammers to my routine. Also adding weekly hiking trips around my 4.7 mile block with about 40-50lbs for now.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Halfway through I’m a little over 900 miles; good chance I won’t hit 2000, but should be pretty close (knock on wood)

twall13

WKR
my goals are as follows:

Run over 700 Miles
Run 5 miles at a 7:45 minute/mile pace.

3/4's of the year is gone, here is my quarterly report. I accomplished my goal to run 5 miles at a 7:45 minute/mile pace earlier this year. I've since moved and have some new trails to run that are a lot more technical and have a lot more elevation gain. That has slowed my pace but strengthened my legs and overall has been a benefit to me. I've logged 549.5 running miles so far this year so, barring injury, I should make my 700 mile goal fairly easily. It's been a good year so far.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’m just shy of 1400 miles and happy to say that 14 of those miles were with meat loads with a 80-100 lb pack :D

I’m a bit behind in my 2000 mile goal, but not a lot- still a chance

twall13

WKR
2000 trail miles is a lofty goal, awesome you are that close.
I’m just shy of 1400 miles and happy to say that 14 of those miles were with meat loads with a 80-100 lb pack :D

I’m a bit behind in my 2000 mile goal, but not a lot- still a chance

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks :) I made 1900 and a little change last year, we’ll see this year

Mertbl

FNG
Late to the game but I've been bit by the bug of mountain hunting. I weighed myself at work and the scale said 280 lbs. The mountain is my motivator now. Hoping to go from couch to mountain in 8-9 months. I've cut way back on pop and started going to the gym. I've never been a gym rat so all the free weights are a bit intimidating. I've been using the machines that have instructions and highlighted muscle groups. Once I get to the point of a stair case not killing me ill spring for a few personal sessions.

Muttly

WKR
Pay a little more attention, quit making old injuries new again.
Started focusing on purpose driven purchases about a year ago, tryna quit buying stuff that looks like it might be fun. Earlier this summer, occurred to me that a purpose driven diet would probably do me more good than eating crap that gives a sugar crash in fifteen minutes, or the fast food gut bomb that you know is going off..
Fifteen years ago, was in pretty good shape. 10-12 years of a lot of coasting hasn't worked that well for me. Slowly cleaning up my diet, and gains in the gym are waaaaay slower than the old days.

twall13

WKR
3/4's of the year is gone, here is my quarterly report. I accomplished my goal to run 5 miles at a 7:45 minute/mile pace earlier this year. I've since moved and have some new trails to run that are a lot more technical and have a lot more elevation gain. That has slowed my pace but strengthened my legs and overall has been a benefit to me. I've logged 549.5 running miles so far this year so, barring injury, I should make my 700 mile goal fairly easily. It's been a good year so far.
Apparently I jynxed myself with this post and broke my foot yesterday... Not only will I probably not meet my goal but my elk hunt for next week just got scrapped. Lousy timing..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I had seen this thread earlier in the year. I started running this year and so far have completed 3/5 of my running goals.

First 10k trail run - March
First 1/2 marathon (trail) - August
First Marathon (Trail) - October

My final two goals are, complete my first ultra and run 1000 miles this year. I have already completed 897 miles of running, so the final 103 should be fairly easy. And my first ultra is Saturday, but I'm a little freaked out by the magnitude of it, lol. 50 miles seems like a long way on foot! But I have to believe that my training up to this point will carry me through, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and calories back into my body. We shall see. If I complete these final two goals, I will have gone from only having run 5ks to running a 50 miler in a single year, and that alone will be worth celebrating for me.