Anyone have a custom workout made for them?

freshta

WKR
I've attempted to do both MTI's and TTH's workout programs, but my work schedule makes it almost impossible. I work the "DuPont schedule". Which means I work a minimum of 12 hrs per shift (sometimes as many as 15-16 hrs during breakdowns). I work days one week and nights the next. I typically work 15 days a month and have 15 off...not consecutively though. Rucking for 90 mins before or after work leaves me with about 4 hours of sleep. And two-a-day workouts leaves me with less than that. I'm 47, and I don't have the motivation I had when I was 28!:p I'm wondering if anyone here has had a custom training regimen made for them that focuses on backcountry hunting???

Any help will be appreciated..........Tony

I haven't had a programmed designed specifically for me but I'll do a program similar to MTI etc once a year and continue doing my own program but add things I've learned/liked from it.
Josh at MountainFit would be a good choice if looking for something tailored specifically to you

sveltri

WKR
I do a kettlebell program called Simple & Sinister and supplement with backpack cardio when time allows. It works well for me and takes about 25 minutes total to complete, but sometimes less.

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Exo Mountain Gear's website. I listened to their podcast (Hunt Backcountry) last week and they had a guy give a free program. I would imagine you can spread out the days as you need to, and they said on the podcast it requires minimal equipment. I haven't had a chance to look into it in depth yet myself, but it may be worth checking on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Since your work schedule has specific needs, just take the basic concepts from those programs and adjust accordingly. Save the longer runs, rucks and 2x a days for your days off work when you have more time/energy. Schedule your shorter conditioning workouts and rest days for the days that you have to work and have less time to give.

It will also help to keep a log or calendar and map everything out. Listen to your body, and if you start getting to worn down or beat up, refer back to your log and see where you could have re-scheduled or scaled back workouts in relation to your work schedule.