sandbag training

ofl0926

WKR
hello everyone
so since having a baby, the gym is none existent. ive been thinking of a way to train at home in short periods but intense training. i was thinking of sandbags. so i came across brute force and i like the 125lb bag but was thinking of getting the kettlebell as well. what are your thoughts on this? any other suggestions?
thanks guys

Grumman

WKR
I got a Goruck sandbag and really like it. They are extremely versatile to use for training. I have no experience with them but I know Brute Force is well known. I looked at the Rogue but it had less handles than the Goruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a great workout , build yourself a box and youll get a killer workout with the two combined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
Do you guys think the brute force kettlebell is worth it? It says 45lbs but I know you can’t fill it completely.

Do you guys think the brute force kettlebell is worth it? It says 45lbs but I know you can’t fill it completely.

Just get a bag and build a box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sveltri

WKR
I would get a real kettlebell over the Brute Force one. Repfitness also has a sandbag that is pretty nice. The Brute Force bag is probably the best you buy as far as sandbags go.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got an 80 lb goruck sandbag as well and I love it. Super durable and versatile. I mostly use it for squats and cleans, and sometimes just fireman carries.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brute Force sandbags are pretty slick. Have had one for a few years now. Much prefer sandbags, backpacks, boxes, and stairs to the gym. :)

moeleo

WKR
I use the crap out of my sandbag kettlebell. There are a lot of core exercises I do that don’t require the weight of the bigger sandbags that I use it for.

D_Eightch

WKR
Don't be a jackass with the sandbag. I was in the beginning of December and have just been able to get back to using my wrist at about 90% as of 2 weeks ago...

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Yeah I’d get a real kettleball as well - look up Pavel simple and sinister - anytime you’re pressed for time that’s a solid kettlebell workout that’s super quick. They have a cheap book you can get.
I’ve got an onnit sandbag. I think it’s “meh” but reasonably priced, the brute force ones are damn expensive. Those are nice for a home workout as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk