Whey Protein

Looking for the best, pure, whey protein out there that can be bought in bulk. I have tried a lot of different whey proteins and some of them just don't sit well. Get some pretty bad farts from some and others don't bother me. From the little research I have done it is due to how pure the protein is. Was curious if anyone knows one of the better whey proteins out there that can be bought in bulk for a decent price. Actually really like MTN Ops but the price tag for half a tub of whey isn't all that appeasing. Thanks in advance!

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you're an elite athlete who can quantify the impact 100% whey protein isolate vs a mix with concentrate (AKA literally everyone on this forum) - this is as good as you can get:

Amazon.com: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound: Health & Personal Care

MTN Ops Protein runs around $1.50 per 23g serving with a similar profile to the above proten which runs around $0.70 per 24g serving.

So.... the "standard" whey protein which is arguably superior to MTN OPS is literally half the price. What the **** are you paying for with MTN OPS? Marketing.

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you're an elite athlete who can quantify the impact 100% whey protein isolate vs a mix with concentrate (AKA literally everyone on this forum) - this is as good as you can get:

Amazon.com: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Double Rich Chocolate, 5 Pound: Health & Personal Care

MTN Ops Protein runs around $1.50 per 23g serving with a similar profile to the above proten which runs around $0.70 per 24g serving.

So.... the "standard" whey protein which is arguably superior to MTN OPS is literally half the price. What the **** are you paying for with MTN OPS? Marketing.

Absolutely. #flatbrims#unpunchedtags

BCSteel

FNG
I get the least amount of bloat and gas from isolate so that's what I use.

No recommendation though since I usually just buy a tub of whatever half decent product is on sale.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

carter33

WKR
I will second the optimum nutrition gold standard whey. I have taken it for years and will occasionally try other products and always come back to the ON gold standard. It is extremely hard to quantify results of the product but it has a great reputation and I have never had any ill effects. The protein to calorie ratio is good and it doesn’t taste half bad. I also like the ON casein. Just simple solid straightforward products at a fair price.

So to combat the farts you just need to look at the amount of lactate in the product.
Isolate I'd filtered more and has less and that is why it usually costs more.
After that just decide the amount of actual protien per scoop to the weight of scoop any ratio of less the 75 % is low value/more filler.
On is good,
Combat powder is as well, they can both be had at Costco.
They body fortress from that you can get from Wal-Mart or other grocery stores is good to just get the isolate.
Other then that a think bodybuilding. Com has about 200 different kinds just sort thru some reviews.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Costco used to sell the Cytosport 100% Whey 6lb bags for ~$40 when they were on sale. I've been using this for the last several years.

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
The optimum nutrition gold is really reasonable at Costco if you have one nearby. I have used this protein for years, the quality is quite good. As others have said crap protein will give you the bubble guts.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I use the Optumum Nutrition as well. No complaints but have no real comparisons.

You can buy it on ebay for $10 cheaper than you can get it on Amazon. I get all mine off ebay. I buy it in a 10lb bag, it last almost a year and cost less than $100.

OP
huntaholic123

I’m not saying I’m a MTN Ops guy. All I stated was I tried it and it seemed to sit well and want to find a cheap alternative. Thanks for the breakdown . I normally buy what is on sale at the time.

Jet-Tac

FNG
1lb of Mtn Ops Ammo has 252 grams of protein at a cost of roughly $20/lb. 1lb of chicken breast has about 110/120 grams of protein at a cost of $1.99/2.99 a pound. Eat more food protein and save some money. I fully understand supplementing with a easier to carry around or make whey is convenient there are just so many more benefits to actually getting it from good food sources. With that being said the grass fed stuff from Muscle feast is great, see above chart posted by Cant hit em

BKhunter

WKR
It's pricey, but the ONNIT protein is great. It's not straight protein as it is blended with creatine and BCAA

4ester

WKR
I had a bunch of gut issues with a bunch of different types of protein. Ended up with Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth, and it seems to sit well.

I had a bunch of gut issues with a bunch of different types of protein. Ended up with Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth, and it seems to sit well.

I farted like mad to the point the ole lady was about to send me out to sleep with the dogs. Myprotein whey isolate doesnt make me fart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4ester

WKR
I farted like mad to the point the ole lady was about to send me out to sleep with the dogs. Myprotein whey isolate doesnt make me fart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My issues sent me to the doctor quite a few times, loss of appetite, fatigue, stomach pain, etc. Kept me out of the gym for a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Bulk supplements. They sell a ton of different supplements. No frills. Zipper bags. Their protein is unflavored. If you want 'pure' go with unflavored. Artificial sweeteners and a long ingredientist is a no go for me anymore. Unflavored takes some getting used to.

Also....if you look at the label. Divide grams of protein by grams in one scoop - gives you amount of pure protein. Anything over 85% is pretty solid.

Percentage for the above
Optimum nutrition - 32g serving size. 24g protein =75%

Bulk supplements - 30g serving size. 27g protein =90%

Mtn ops - 32g serving size. 23g protein = 74%

Keep it under $1.00 per serving too or you're getting ripped off.