Meal Prepping

OkieElk

FNG
Hey guys,

Looking at different methods and means for meal prepping. I know many of you have had great success with workout routines and just plain grit. My questions is, what foods got you there. Did you prep through the week to avoid certain detours along the way? What did you eat, how was it cooked, etc...

I need something viable for year round food success. I’ve tried low carb/ketosis type diets and I just can’t stick to it beyond 2 weeks. Went on couple day hike it’s buddies and low carb about killed me on grueling hikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

Looking at different methods and means for meal prepping. I know many of you have had great success with workout routines and just plain grit. My questions is, what foods got you there. Did you prep through the week to avoid certain detours along the way? What did you eat, how was it cooked, etc...

I need something viable for year round food success. I’ve tried low carb/ketosis type diets and I just can’t stick to it beyond 2 weeks. Went on couple day hike it’s buddies and low carb about killed me on grueling hikes.

Proteins like chicken, fish, Bison. Nothing fried that's the worse thing one can eat when trying to get fit and cut. Zach that works here eats mostly chicken and rice and veggies/ fruit everyday. He's about 6'1" 200 and far from fat. To burn fat you have to eat enough food so when your body says its hungry it doesn't eat the muscle it eats the protein you're putting in your body. Every so often treat your self to a day or pizza or whatever sounds good. Its like a reward to the body. Usually he takes Sunday afternoon and prepares his lunch for the week. That consists of either a 1lb chicken breast or a bison or fish its usually a pound. It also depends on if you wanna build muscle or just get fit. Run or bike about 30min-1 hour every other day and keep your weight lifting high intensity don't slack push every set and be explosive with your movements. Also drink BCAAs and take care of your body. Drink a lot of water and make try and stay away from sugars.

DavePwns

WKR
Here are my go to foods for easy on the go health foods. I get about 5-10 lbs of chicken breasts, cut them so they are all sliced the same thickness, bake all that chicken in the oven until the chicken above 165 degrees, I buy Costco salad packs and a bunch of veggies I like, get whole grain Tortillas and bread, I buy 5 dozen eggs at a time and cook about a dozen scrambled at a time or I'll boil the eggs and keep them for quick protein snacks. I also have a pressure cooker which I'll mass cook sweet potatoes that I could practically eat every dinner since they are soooo good with brown sugar. I get multiple Greek yogurt and have that with fruit and a large chuck of peanut butter and grenoloa in the morning. Keep in mind I lift weights 3-4 times a week and do some type of cardio workout or hiking /running 3-4 times a week, I'm 5'10 170 and have made a lot of strength gains over the past year but haven't changed in weight at all. Also a lot of times I'll just have walnuts/chashews/almonds and a little dark chocolate with Chai tea for breakfast.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

moeleo

WKR
I meal prep for the long run because I hate doing it. Namely because I make a mess in the kitchen and don’t want to deal with cleaning it every weekend. I usually pick up 10 lbs of chicken breast and cube it up and cook them, and 5-10 lbs of venison whether it be blackstrap, round, neck, etc. just make sure it’s lean cuts. Then I stew a few large pots of vegetables in homemade red sauce and some in game stock. I also cook a few pots of organic brown rice in the rice cooker. I get cheap containers from our local GFS( just a supply store) and use those for in the freezer. I put a 1/2 cup of rice in the bottom, 6 oz of protein, and 2 cups of vegetables in each container. Freeze them and every night before bed I take it out and heat it up in the morning before work and put in a thermos and have a hot lunch. With all that is cooked that gives me enough meals for about 3 months. Like I said, I hate doing it. If the container is reusable I wash it and use it the next round, if not I throw it away. Every night I make a salad and cut fresh fruit as well for the next day. The biggest thing for me is enough protein and I love fruit. As long as I have those two I feel full and don’t want to binge eat. I can’t do some of those fad diets either as they didn’t end well. I mainly stick with a macro of 45/35/20. C/P/F. Works well for me. I just have to remember when I treat myself not to eat like an idiot. Chocolate and peanut butter is hard to stop eating. But if you don’t treat yourself you’ll drive yourself nuts. As mentioned above BCAA’s are a staple and a good clean protein supplement will help as well as a filler. I usually keep an extra serving of protein powder in my lunch box in case I have to work late or feel hungry. One other thing that helped is I quit drinking any of my calories. Even now in my coffee I don’t use creamer or sugar, I use a chocolate or caramel protein powder. Just a half serving for flavor but it works out great.

ssliger

WKR
I only prep my lunches. I love to cook, so I cook dinner for my family almost every night. Mine is real simple. I rotate my proteins, about 4-6 oz, either baked chicken breast , elk burger patties , pork loin, baked Siracha Turkey meatballs. Then I’ll have a large serving of roasted veggies, either broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, or green beans. Just toss them in olive oil, season them and bake them for 20-25 minutes at 425°. Then I dice and roast sweet potatoes, it’s usually around 2oz per day. This way you get good protein, lots of good veggies, and some good carbs from the sweet potatoes. I cook it all either Saturday or Sunday.

bmart2622

WKR
I eat a lot of the same meals because it makes it easy for logging and tracking my meals. I tried lots of different eating options and never got great results and then I got away from all the low carb and Plaeomabd Keto stuff and started just tracking Macros and it has sorked great for me. I don't feel starved, have more energy, and am seeing great results.