Outdoor workout cross

Outdoor workout coarse

What would guys recommend for a outdoor work out coarse. I live 25 miles from town and it is hard to get to the gym. I have set up a 4 mile mountain bike or hiking trail on my Onx maps with a lot of terrain. Now what to do at home (outside ideas) besides shooting our bows before and after the bike ride or hike. My wife and son will be doing this with me.

Thanks; Terry

Attachments

• marion trail picture.jpg
    marion trail picture.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I built a box for step ups / jumps and a brute force type sandbag . The sand bag is endless on the lifts you can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gorp2007

WKR
Without additional data about your specific goals, I'd recommend a plyo box and a kettlebell or two. The kettlebell can be used for all kinds of lifts and to add weight to things like squats, lunges, and step-ups. You can build your own plyo box for cheap and make it the dimensions you want. the fancy Rogue version is 20x24x36.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You could get pretty food results from a push up/pull up plan with lots of trail running and hill sprints.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
the possibilities are almost endless, for starters add a little weight to a pack on your hikes

there are a plethora of body weight exercises- some of the ones I concentrate on are squats, lunges, mtn climbers, burpees, push-ups

I would definitely come up with something for chin-ups/pull-ups and ditto something for dips

a jump box is inexpensive and allows for some great workouts

a large tire and a sledge hammer can provide all kinds of fun :D

gyms can be nice, but certainly not a prerequisite to be fit