Foot pain question

SoDaky

WKR
Hi.Great to hear about some improvement.I'm not a Doc so not sure what to say as I'm not 'in your shoes'.More rest?Cut speed and distance awhile?I guess if me,I'd try be honest with myself and if I'm not getting on a 'schedule' where i felt I was going to be ok by season opener,I'd see a Doc.
Good luck whatever U decide.Been there and wish I could be more helpful.

rsess32

FNG
Could be a few different things. If its a tendon issue like some have mentioned on here a lot of rest is what its going to take. Like tendonitis, it takes awhile for that inflammation to go down but its not rested it'll take longer. It could be a little faciitis which is pretty painfull too. My bet is that is what it is. Once again rest is the key, but you could try some arch supports.You could also check out your local chiropractor and have him/her do some IASTM work on it. using something like the graston tools or hotgrips or something like that. Hope it gets better!

rsess32

FNG
Thanks that is exactly what l was wondering about 'good pain'. I have tried rolling my feet and with lacross balls and it is pure torture. Funny you brought that up because l was telling my wife that l have no idea if l am torturing myself for any good reasons lol. Is it always that bad, or is it because of the injury (even the non hur one is torture) and is ot worth doing? Basically, is that good pain?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

What is happening when you're rolling your foot on the ball which causes all that pain is breaking up the adhesions from the injury which is a good thing. It sucks going through the "treatment" but it is beneficial and to help prevent the scar tissue from building up.

Brendan

WKR
I would go see a doc - pretty much everyone here is speculating what could be wrong, but none of us really know. I went and saw a podiatrist - and it cost me nothing with my health plan. After an exam he told me several of the major brands of insoles that people recommend and use wouldn't do shit for me with my feet after I brought them in with my hiking boots. He then set me up with a semi custom pair of orthotics / insoles for the grand total of $34. He was able to look at my feet, my ankles, my lower legs and modify them to give me the correct alignment and support I need. He also recommended specific shoe styles / brands and got me a discount at a local shop on those too.

I go agree with the a Chiro / ART practitioner / Graston Practitioner. I use a guy that treats elite marathoners so he's seen it all when it comes to leg, knee, foot pain...

AkReaper

FNG
I can tell you that going to the Doc is the best bet.
I had to have plantar fasciitis surgery in the middle of April, (slicing the Achilles and planter tendons to stretch them out more) in a boot and PT for 2months, totally sucks, and still healing. Its a sharp stabbing pain in your heal and slowly runs up your foot to your toes. And that's just with my left foot, can totally feel a difference compared to my right foot. I did the store bought inserts, custom inserts, and they worked for awhile then WHAM!!! It was over at that point and surgery was the fastest way to recover to fish and hunt this year.
Go to a podiatrist.