Trekking pole for tripod

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
How well does a trekking pole work for glassing with binos? Is there some type of adapter to make it easier?

I believe there was a thread on this exact question a short time ago. However, I just came back from bear hunt in Alaska where I used a trekking pole. I did not have an adapter and had no issues. I could easily adjust the height so that it functioned well in either sitting, kneeling or standing. I am not sure that I would like an adapter as I feel that it would make the transitions less handy and add another piece to lose. Just my .02

Mt Al

WKR
I don't think this is what you're looking for, but I have a TrailPix lightweight tripod system. Works very well if your binos or spotter or camera is light enough. I used it with a Nikon ED50, good match.

Definitely takes a bit too much time to set up vs. a regular tripod, not nearly as stable and wouldn't use it with larger spotters. I have a Swarovski 65mm spotter: NOT a good match for that! Should work very well with binos that have a tripod mount though.

TrailPix

There may be some uses for it but I've found that most people trying to use a trekking pole don't understand the value of a tripod for glassing, even a tripod that's not top of the line.

mtnkid85

WKR
I use mine all the time for a quick sit and look situation. Generally while Im moving through an area. It doesn't replace a full tripod though.