Zeiss scope mounting recommendations

overland

FNG
I am new to the group and am looking for advice on mounting my Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 scope (objective tube diameter = 50mm) on my Weatherby Vanguard. I would like to use Steiner H Series Rings and am wondering which base or rail (picatinny?) to go along with the Steiner H Rings AND what height of H Rings I should get.

Steiner H Series ring height options: 0.85", 1.0", or 1.35" with that distance being from top of mounting rail to center of optic.

Thanks in advance.

dukhunt

FNG
I don’t know if this helps or not but I just got the same scope. I called one shot gear and they recommended some nightforce rings that match up with the rail on my Tikka. With the discount code rok10, free shipping, and no tax they are cheaper than anywhere else I looked. Maybe give them a call they seemed knowledgeable about what your options might be.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
There will be lots of hardware recommendations but on the install side I learned proper techniques from a gunsmith and long range shooter. Get a 16 inch 1 inch (or 30mm, or 34mm) steel rod. Loosely attached rings to base. Put steel rod in rings and tighten down evenly side to side usually 18-20 in lb. Then torque ring clamp screws to base.

Remove rod and coat with lapping compound in ring zone. Grab firmly and rotate and oscillate rod in rings while occasionally tightening slightly. Helps to look at inner rings part way through to see if there is any gross misalignment to be corrected or if rings are lapping evenly. Since I have used this technique I have never had a scope move or had ring bite marks on the scope tube.