Phone Skope and GoPro Hero6

skunk

FNG
Hey folks, I have a Phone Skope with a GoPro adapter for my spotting scope and whenever I try to record or take a picture through my spotter, it's always washed out with too much light. Is there a way to adjust for this on the GoPro?

GOPR0259_1531965080190_high.jpg

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey folks, I have a Phone Skope with a GoPro adapter for my spotting scope and whenever I try to record or take a picture through my spotter, it's always washed out with too much light. Is there a way to adjust for this on the GoPro?

GOPR0259_1531965080190_high.jpg

What is your resolution set at? I know that has something to do with why the picture isn't clear. You can also try adjusting the ISO or exposure.

Here's some additional information on those settings:
GoPro HERO6 Black Protune Options Explained
https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/Advanced-Protune-Controls-Explained

Last edited:
OP
S

skunk

FNG
Ah, I wasn't aware that ISO settings and such were under ProTune. I'll mess around with that.

I'm still not happy with the Phone Skope on the GoPro as the vignetting is terrible. I contacted Phone Skope about it the other day and haven't gotten a response. I guess I have to call.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah, I wasn't aware that ISO settings and such were under ProTune. I'll mess around with that.

I'm still not happy with the Phone Skope on the GoPro as the vignetting is terrible. I contacted Phone Skope about it the other day and haven't gotten a response. I guess I have to call.

Have you played around with extending, and making sure eyecup is all the way in?

OP
S

skunk

FNG
Have you played around with extending, and making sure eyecup is all the way in?
Yes. Eye relief piece is best all the way in but that image is from that position.

The washed out lighting is probably an ISO issue but even with that, I'm surprised the camera didn't auto adjust to it. I'm mostly disliking the massive amount of vignetting that I have.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I had to change my aspect ratio or FOV when I was filing with my GoPro through a spotter.