Kowa 55 vs. Zeiss Diascope 65 T* FL 15-45x

HookUp

WKR
Trying to decide on a smaller spotter. Has anyone looked through both of these scopes? The Zeiss is 38 oz and the Kowa I believe is around 30 oz. You don't hear much about the little Zeiss and the Kowa reviews are great. I know Zeiss is good, anyone have a opinion to share? thanx

n8tivenv

Lil-Rokslider
The zeiss is over 50oz with the eyepiece. I had a compact razor spotter before a zeiss 65 and it’s a lot better at max zoom. That being said it’s for sale or trade for the much lighter and smaller kowa.
If your interested in a new zeiss 65 let me know I’ll give you a great deal on it.

OP
HookUp

HookUp

WKR
ok, thanks. I couldn't find much love for the Zeiss. I ended up getting a smoking deal on on the Cabelas krotos and am really liking it. I'll save my pennies for a Kowa.

mcseal2

WKR
Haven't seen the Zeiss but I love my Kowa 55mm. I just put my 80mm Swaro on Ebay, I'm going to one spotter for everything. I use my 15x binos so much anymore the small spotter does what I need it to.

OP
HookUp

HookUp

WKR
I packed a Swaro atx 65mm on a number of hunts and found all my shooter animals with my binos. I really got tired of packing it with an animal it had in no part help find.Will most likely be going 55 mm Kowa next year.