Scope suggestions for my new 300 win mag

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys I just picked up a new rifle. I got the Christensen Arms Mesa in 300 win mag. Can anyone give me some suggestions on the scope? I am thinking of the leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44 with either the firedot Duplex or the Boone and Crockett BDC. Any other scopes anyone would recommend? Also what scope mounts should I get and what height mount.and also what are the pros and cons of a BDC scope? I am leaning towards the firedot duplex and mounting the Custom Dial System. Any experiences and recommendations would be awesome. Thanks

2peterhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Had a toss up between that and the maven rs 1. I ended up going with the maven due to cleaner reticles and a cheaper option. The only draw back is the 3-15 zoom instead of 3-18.

2peterhunter

Lil-Rokslider
It’s getting placed on my new fierce edge this week so I have yet to see it or shoot it.

carter33

WKR
I am moving from a .338 win mag to a .300 wing mag and from a Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 to the VX6hd 3-18x44. The Nightforce is awesome, I love it but it is heavy. The NXS is over 10 ounces more than the vx6hd. If you are not concerned with a little extra weight I would take a look at the Nightforce. I went with the TMOA reticle for the vx6hd but was also very tempted by the firedot but may want to hold for wind. For mounts I have had good luck with the tally lightweight rings. Could probably go low with the 44mm objective.

I have a Leupold VX-6 3-18 x 44 on my Rem 700 300 Win Mag. I also mounted it with Talley Lightweight rings in Low and it fits my rifle. Not sure why you would pick a BDC reticle for holdover since you'll have a CDS dial for that scope. I agree with carter33, a TMOA reticle would be a good choice for wind compensation, though the VX-6HD has a windage dial too. The TMOA reticle is fine (thin) which is good for long range work. I have a VX-6HD 2-12 x 42 on a different rifle with a Firedot Duplex. I found this reticle to be heavier. Choice would come down to what distances you want to be prepared to shoot at. Hope that helps.