10x42 B1 vs 9x45 B2

I am in a little bit of a dilemma (good dilemma) of not knowing which pair of Maven Optics to get. I stuck between the 10x42 B1 and 9x45 B2. They will be used for elk hunting and high country mule deer hunting. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cass,

The B2s seem to consistently get the better reviews (especially the 9x45s) but a lot of guys don’t like how big the B2s are. If I were you I would demo them both from Maven and send back the ones you don’t like, that way you know which you prefer. Their demo program is pretty sweet as it lets you get your hands on their binos for 2 weeks for free (front the cash, get reimbursed when you send them back)

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider
Ran the 9x B2’s last season and I’m running the 10x B1’s this season.

So far I am not disappointed with my decision. The B1’s have seen very little use since I just got them but i honestly don’t think I will mind the switch. They are still really clear and bright. Obviously the B2’s are a little better but personally, I’m not picky enough for it make a huge difference. The B1’s are still a really high quality optic.

If you are picky about your glass go B2, the added size and weight really didn’t bother me. If you like a smaller bino and don’t need the absolute best glass go B1, they will be more than enough for you. Additionally, the B1’s have a better depth of view(or at least that’s my understanding) which makes them not as particular when it comes to focusing compared to the B2’s. That was my only complaint with the B2’s, albeit a very small issue, any time I put up my binos I was re focusing.

Hope this helps. I’m no expert but this is my experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk