Promaster xc325c tripod adapter size

sr80

WKR
Trying to attach an outdoorsmans pistol grip to my promaster. Anyone know what size the factory hole is on these tripods? The 3/8 thread on the pistol grip stud is slightly smaller than the hole in the tripod. As in the stud will fit right inside without touching the threads on the tripod. Trying to find an adapter/bushing online to mate the two. Thanks in advance

It's not a traditional size. That hole is there so the mounting screw, which can be reversed, can stick through and mount into 3/8 or 1/4 openings on heads.
That size is nowhere in the specs on the tripod

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
It's not a traditional size. That hole is there so the mounting screw, which can be reversed, can stick through and mount into 3/8 or 1/4 openings on heads.
That size is nowhere in the specs on the tripod

maybe 5/8? Found some 5/8 bushings that have a 3/8 female on amazon

OP
sr80

sr80

WKR
Incase anyone else tries to put a pistol grip onto their promaster here is what i discovered. I went to pull the center post out and loosened and removed the retractable hook at the bottom, and the threads for the hook are the exact same as the pistol grip. So i cut the top of the post off and then just put the post in upside down. Works perfectly now.