New to optics question.

So I'm in the market for my first pair of nice binos. I know I need 10x42's & understand why they're the best choice for me. I'm always one to be mindful of my budget but I want quality nocks. I looked into Vortex first & notice they have several "models" but I can't understand what the real difference is. Can someone explain to me why "Razor HD's" would be "better" than a pair of "Crossfire's"? Really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So I'm in the market for my first pair of nice binos. I know I need 10x42's & understand why they're the best choice for me. I'm always one to be mindful of my budget but I want quality nocks. I looked into Vortex first & notice they have several "models" than I can't understand what the real difference is. Can someone explain to me why "Razor HD's" would be "better" than a pair of "Crossfire's"? Really appreciate it. Thanks.
1st of all, as a long time supporting vendor here let me welcome you to RokSlide.

CFII's are an entry level glass with lesser optical quality, lesser quality coatings as well as construction.

As far as quality glass I would suggest you get what you can comfortably afford. There are many great options from Meopta, Hawke, Athlon, Kowa, Nikon to name a few that you may find to be less expensive and superior to some of the Vortex offerings. I am out of the store today, Friday the 17th, at 631-225-8862 (I'm working over at the tackle shop today), if you'd like to give a call to discuss different options and what your pricing would be. My pleasure to chat with you and we are running a sale today as well.
Have a great day,
Doug

ericF

WKR
If you don't know what you want, then calling Doug to get information and figuring out your price point is your best bet.

freebird

WKR
Yes take a serious look at the Maven binoculars. I have the B2 9X45's and love them. My next pair will be the B4's in the 15X

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
Doing freelance work with Nikon for the last 10 years I have been able to use most of their bino's and I can tell you that you do get a great value for your money. Plus, hard to beat their No Fault Warranty. You drop them out of a tree stand, covered. I have bought the MONARCH 7 10x42 and 8x30's for my son and I. The MONARCH 7 8x30's are great for wearing all day when you are on the move. They are definitely worth taking a look at and Doug at Camerland can help you out.